Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Interesting that boat prices haven’t come off much considering what is happening with the economy. Spring 2023 a 5 year mortgage is going to be pushing 7%, we will into the 6’s as soon as December ffs. Folks are going to renew at 2-3x their previous rates, an extra G a month. Plus inflation, plus equity markets getting crumpled. I wonder if most folks even understand what is coming?

Not to be overly pessimistic but the macro sure ain’t looking good. If I had to sell a boat soon, I’d be discounting today, going to get FAR worse. Can’t see the traditional spring boat market holding up.

Things have slowed immensely, the average working person is going to pay for Justin’s free for all on money for the last two years. Add in his focus on stopping Canada from selling our natural resources which we have enough to make us all wealthy, oil , minerals, forestry
Instead force us his green agenda and working poor
Correct, we spent when we should have been saving and there will be no more tricks left to prop up the economy. Only upside is this will likely be the end of the Trudeau nightmare and his legacy will be brutal.

Correct, we spent when we should have been saving and there will be no more tricks left to prop up the economy. Only upside is this will likely be the end of the Trudeau nightmare and his legacy will be brutal.
Some morons actually voted him in for a second time. Head shaker.
He still gets years to f*** things up even worse.

Wow what a nice little package, please someone go buy it before I risk divorce!
I have one similar, but 1977. This one has upgraded rub rail, new floor "paint" and newer motors.
Fits in the garage, 15-30 liters per day, stable at rest, easy to flyfish from.The limit is 10 chinooks. This is enough boat to get that plus crustaceans and everything else but tuna. I think it's 6g under priced.

I have one similar, but 1977. This one has upgraded rub rail, new floor "paint" and newer motors.
Fits in the garage, 15-30 liters per day, stable at rest, easy to flyfish from.The limit is 10 chinooks. This is enough boat to get that plus crustaceans and everything else but tuna. I think it's 6g under priced.
The motors are worth 10k new, aren't they? I stand corrected, the main is https://www.yamaha-motor.ca/en/water/outboard-motor/mid-power/f50/F50

If that boat didn't just sink of Victoria, and if I had money I'd go buy this, I know Whalers don't sink but with two little kids getting swamped and bailing isn't my idea of a good time.

The motors are worth 10k new, aren't they? I stand corrected, the main is https://www.yamaha-motor.ca/en/water/outboard-motor/mid-power/f50/F50

If that boat didn't just sink of Victoria, and if I had money I'd go buy this, I know Whalers don't sink but with two little kids getting swamped and bailing isn't my idea of a good time.
I have 15hp kicker (used what I had already) two batteries, too many dr balls and other crap, and I weigh too much. I've never taken a wave over the bow or side. Occasionally, the motor well will fill (two drain holes there) if I back into it jigging. If the well spills onto the deck I get out of there with both bilge pumps running. Never have to bail. I mostly fish Ucluelet.
Your kids will be able to run it soon. Super early Christmas present. Wife is now happy. Buy it up.

I have 15hp kicker (used what I had already) two batteries, too many dr balls and other crap, and I weigh too much. I've never taken a wave over the bow or side. Occasionally, the motor well will fill (two drain holes there) if I back into it jigging. If the well spills onto the deck I get out of there with both bilge pumps running. Never have to bail. I mostly fish Ucluelet.
Your kids will be able to run it soon. Super early Christmas present. Wife is now happy. Buy it up.
Haha love it. Just need 999,700 odd subscribers to my YouTube channel and wifey will give me the same green light as you guys!

1981 Bayliner 3250 conquest Powel River
$25,000 with HP Downriggers. Seems like so much boat for so few pesos.
This is only the beginning of whats to come, pennies on the dollar...!

It is a 40-year-old boat that has to pay moorage. Unless we see 10% interest rates and 8% unemployment rate, I doubt we will see great deals on boats. We have a long way to go before that happens.
Personal loans are already pushing 8% and interest rate hikes only started 8 months ago - core inflation is still rising. I'll go on record that a 100K boat March 2021 will be a 65K boat March 2024. Which isn't a crazy prediction considering that same boat was 65K March 2018.

It is a 40-year-old boat that has to pay moorage. Unless we see 10% interest rates and 8% unemployment rate, I doubt we will see great deals on boats. We have a long way to go before that happens.
Given the $ size of mortgages in recent years I think the impact will be seen way before 10% rates. Just my opinion.

Back