Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Another 270 Amberjack, a year older but more money.

2006 Sea Ray 270 Amberjack. $89,900

288753534_10158444224240808_6648935063359540775_n.jpg

Another 270 Amberjack, a year older but more money.

2006 Sea Ray 270 Amberjack. $89,900

View attachment 82899
Those are both really nice looking boats for a family, do they have the berth under the cockpit? Be nice if they were combined eoh trailer, kicker, radar package.

Those are both really nice looking boats for a family, do they have the berth under the cockpit? Be nice if they were combined eoh trailer, kicker, radar package.
I looked at a lot of them actually. Really nice. My wife's only issue was that all the living space is below deck. A proper Alaska cabn is the only way to go for long term trips with a family.

Typical Sea Ray quality and high end cabin finishing. They’re good sport fishing boats, was what their intent was from the original versions.

I am not sure if it still the case, but when I was working at a large Mercury/Sea Ray dealer, Sea Ray kept producing all parts for their boat models. It was pretty impressive.
I am not really a Sea Ray sort of guy, but was impressed by their quality and support (this was at least 15 years ago)

I am not sure if it still the case, but when I was working at a large Mercury/Sea Ray dealer, Sea Ray kept producing all parts for their boat models. It was pretty impressive.
I am not really a Sea Ray sort of guy, but was impressed by their quality and support (this was at least 15 years ago)
Great to know. Brunswick had them all at one time I believe. I had a 1993 Maxum 2700 SCR that I imported from the Ballard Canal in 1997. I’m a bit of a research freak so I diligently checked out Bayliner, Sea Ray, and Maxum. Bayliner was definitely entry level, Sea Ray was at the top mainly due to fit and finish…….and price. That series of Maxum really surprised me, things were drilled and thru bolted, well thought out, the most cabin height and room by far and a step system to access the bow. One of my favourite boats I have owned. It was so oversized that in 97 they changed the model name to the 2800 with the identical boat. It was competing with the Sea Ray 290 and the Bayliner 2855 for size. Did not have the v berth table dinette combo, had the permanent dining area with dedicated v berth. I still see it a Burrard Civic.

Yes, Brunswick had them all at the time I was there, Whaler, Sea Ray, Mercury were the main brands.
I was the outboard sales manager and when the Sea Ray inspection squad showed up, I was told to clean up and not talk.
The owner still had to explain to them that I was only dealing with Mercury outboards and not Sea Rays!
That was a short lived transition job when gillnetting was no longer viable.

Here are a few photos of my 2006 Monaro 24 EXL. It was one of the first Monaro 24's built with a pod right from the factory. It has a 250 Suzuki which is LOTS of power for most anybody's needs or wants, and is very economical to run. Catches the occasional fish too.....

Attachments

• IMG_3997.JPG
    IMG_3997.JPG
    285.2 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_1117.jpg
    IMG_1117.jpg
    496.8 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_1215.jpg
    IMG_1215.jpg
    606.5 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_1194(1).jpg
    IMG_1194(1).jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Here are a few photos of my 2006 Monaro 24 EXL. It was one of the first Monaro 24's built with a pod right from the factory. It has a 250 Suzuki which is LOTS of power for most anybody's needs or wants, and is very economical to run. Catches to occasional fish too.....
What’s the main difference between the 230 and the 240 that you have? Other than the pod and the foot of length? Is the beam any different on yours? Dead rise?

What’s the main difference between the 230 and the 240 that you have? Other than the pod and the foot of length? Is the beam any different on yours? Dead rise?
Not 100% sure. Beam and deadrise would be the same for sure. I think that the 230 is basically a gussied-up factory podded 21ft'r, just like the new 250 series is basically a full width podded 24 series hull, if that makes somewhat sense. Whatever the similarities or differences are, I think that they are nice boats. I like mine anyway, FWTW.

Back