Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

A friend of mine has one of these with the twin cats. At maximum cruise it burns 42 gallons of diesel per hour. Beauty boat we use as a mothership in Barkley sound while using a 17’ aluminum for daily fishing. The Sea Ray is really a beauty.
Mothership now that is on my wish list. What would you like to have one day? a mothership

100k for a two-seater makes it a hard sell. Yes they should have washed her and waxed her. Salt drying on it isn't the greatest for selling a boat in that price range.
That boat would have been the same price brand new in 2015. Crazy

I think we need a boat listing thread for the "average Joe''.........., man these asking prices are insane.......
I had to sell my boat for under a thousand to a guy on facebook, no one bit on my inflatable on this forum. Prices are dropping back to earth, but newer two stroke power isn't cheap they seem to continue to sink money into this one https://victoria.craigslist.org/bod/d/lake-cowichan-1987-grady-white-trophy/7462919770.html
This seems like an insanely good deal, trailer likely isn't legal for BC or I might consider halving my boat costs.

I had to sell my boat for under a thousand to a guy on facebook, no one bit on my inflatable on this forum. Prices are dropping back to earth, but newer two stroke power isn't cheap they seem to continue to sink money into this one https://victoria.craigslist.org/bod/d/lake-cowichan-1987-grady-white-trophy/7462919770.html

This seems like an insanely good deal, trailer likely isn't legal for BC or I might consider halving my boat costs.
What make any trailer legal or illegal in BC

What make any trailer legal or illegal in BC
Whether or not it has brakes on all axles, which it must. As well as the addition of an electric over hydraulic actuator with a means to control the breaking of the trailer from inside your vehicle on setups that weigh more than 2800kgs.

From BC ministry of transport..

Q. When are brakes required on a trailer?
Brakes are required if the trailer exceeds 1400 kg, or more than 50% of the licensed vehicle weight of the towing unit. When brakes are required, they must be on all axles and there must be an operational breakaway on the trailer in case the towing unit and trailer separate while being towed. These brakes, when applied, must be adequate to maintain control of the trailer, must not affect the direction of travel of the trailer and, where the weight of the trailer exceeds 2800 kg, must be capable of being applied by the driver of the motor vehicle towing the trailer from his or her normal seated position.

Whether or not it has brakes on all axles, which it must. As well as the addition of an electric over hydraulic actuator with a means to control the breaking of the trailer from inside your vehicle on setups that weigh more than 2800kgs.

Brakes are required if the trailer exceeds 1400 kg, or more than 50% of the licensed vehicle weight of the towing unit. When brakes are required, they must be on all axles and there must be an operational breakaway on the trailer in case the towing unit and trailer separate while being towed. These brakes, when applied, must be adequate to maintain control of the trailer, must not affect the direction of travel of the trailer and, where the weight of the trailer exceeds 2800 kg, must be capable of being applied by the driver of the motor vehicle towing the trailer from his or her normal seated position.
it can be simple electric brakes well, there are some kits with stainless hardware and coated backing plates. cheap and effective

It could just have electric brakes just like on a big rv but Electric over hydraulic is better for saltwater. Surge brakes aren't controlled within the cab of the truck so don't fit the bill and feel a little sketch as you get over 8k pounds heading down hills like the Malahat and the road from Alberni to Ukee/Tofino.

Still a nice trailer but could be anywhere from 4k-10k to get the trailer dialed in. My buddy just got a good used triple axle for 15k.

Looks pretty nice. Does that trailer look okay for that boat?
Probably ok. I just wouldn’t load it up with coolers, ice, lead, downriggers and a dingy. Most trailers are at the margin when a kicker, radar, anchor, full tanks and some extras are added. Couple members with that boat may have weighted them on scales and know if they hit the magic sweet spot.

Pursuit 2670 LS anyone? I have my 4th Pursuit and am a fan of the brand and saw this https://www.boattrader.com/boat/2003-pursuit-2670-denali-ls-8272800/ and although I have no relationship to this particular boat, I thought is looked like pre-covid pricing for a great boat. No info on hours, but at this price i suspect they are high, but worth inquiring. DAJ

Pursuit 2670 LS anyone? I have my 4th Pursuit and am a fan of the brand and saw this https://www.boattrader.com/boat/2003-pursuit-2670-denali-ls-8272800/ and although I have no relationship to this particular boat, I thought is looked like pre-covid pricing for a great boat. No info on hours, but at this price i suspect they are high, but worth inquiring. DAJ
Looks a little scammy with 0 details other than a copy and paste but priced appropriately, given the age or the motors. My buddy is waiting on a survey for a similarly priced and age of Grady, just a little bigger.

Back