Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Just found a power tilt leak on mine. It's working for now! Pushing me to a new boat faster than I wanted or more power. :(

Lots of guides where I fish in port renfrew have the same hull with big singles, loaded with 5 on board going by at 30 mph heading offshore day in day out , so it can’t be that bad, one guide I know just repower with a 300 yamy
Yeah, I ran one for 3 years 26x8.5 prior to building a larger one. It was a dog. 300 yam or 300 suzuki doesn't matter. Sure they go 30mph at 4200rpm but they are way, way better off with twin 150s. Much better in a sea and the hull prefers the weight of twins.

Yeah, I ran one for 3 years 26x8.5 prior to building a larger one. It was a dog. 300 yam or 300 suzuki doesn't matter. Sure they go 30mph at 4200rpm but they are way, way better off with twin 150s. Much better in a sea and the hull prefers the weight of twins.
Well you have the experience on them so I will take your word, nice to have the extra HP but it comes at a cost

Well you have the experience on them so I will take your word, nice to have the extra HP but it comes at a cost
Depends how you look at it. Twins are safer (redundancy) and the fuel burn is the same in that application. Cost difference is only a couple grand, unless you troll on a main in which case it's possibly less upfront cost (save 5k on a kicker). Yes, there's another engine to maintain. Comes down to personal preference.

Depends how you look at it. Twins are safer (redundancy) and the fuel burn is the same in that application. Cost difference is only a couple grand, unless you troll on a main in which case it's possibly less upfront cost (save 5k on a kicker). Yes, there's another engine to maintain. Comes down to personal preference.
Lol, yes but on this site that boat needs twin 350 DP to not be quoted underpowered

Considering the air you can get and how much it hurts running out to Swiftsure with a reasonable amount hp, I’ll pass on the hp love fest.
Lol I agree, to old for it, on the way out it usually sucks, on the way back HP is awesome, I am a slow and steady kind of fisherman now a days. These young bucks like to beat themselves up

16.5 canaventure boat with 70 hp 4 stroke suzuki out board motor inc.trailer

Seems like a great deal for a starter fishing boat....fresh water boat too!

Back