Year 2020 Grady White 208 Adventure for only $124,500CDN
208gw.jpg

2020 Grady 208 with 59 Hours
Yamaha 200 & 9.9
Garmin GPS/Sonar/Radar
VHF
2020 EZ Loader trailer with surge hydraulic disc brakes
Complete Unit is as new

Thanks for the tip. I just saw your post of the boat today and I didn't see other's comments. I guess I'll have a better idea once I get a response. In my experience the CL scam responses are always painfully obvious and often a lot of fun to play the back and forth game with if you have the free time. I'm on days off so I can't wait.

Honestly though I don't think that it is an obvious scam based on price. It's a good deal for sure but IMHO close to where it should be for a US boat, not many pics, hours may or may not be high on the motors, not even sure of the year of the motors, no crazy cool electronics and it's 21 years old.
It’s funny how a boat that is priced right where it should is always scam on this board lol, at 80k US it would of been all good lol

Year 2020 Grady White 208 Adventure for only $124,500CDN
View attachment 68133

2020 Grady 208 with 59 Hours
Yamaha 200 & 9.9
Garmin GPS/Sonar/Radar
VHF
2020 EZ Loader trailer with surge hydraulic disc brakes
Complete Unit is as new
I'd take this one over the $163K Striper!

Boys there is no free lunch. That double eagle was well priced and so is that Striper if it is brand new with a bit of scum. I'm not a fan of 2-strokes unless it's on a boat without a top/cabin but hey it comes with a kicker that will cost you a mint to install if you are looking for a new one. You want a Cuddy and 4 stroke outboards it's expensive, just installing a set of Verado's on old hull will cost you 20k, I just looked at a quote today for 26k. As the boys at Trotac say if you don't like burning $1000 dollar bills don't buy a boat. If you think Grady's exist in Idaho with a estuary and sand in the back ground you have been on different parts of that state then me! Any Grady built after 1998 is a premium boat, not personally in my mind but if one comes up for under 30k with good engines it is sold in minutes just like a double eagle with a Cuddy on the island! If a boat comes up that is a good deal in North America there are car and rv dealers, brokers all clambering to buy it before you to put on their lot as they have no inventory and can make better margins on a boat. Here are the comparable boats to that Striper, I personally won't buy it due to only have seats for two people to keep dry. https://www.boattrader.com/boats/ty...d/length-25,30/year-2010,2023/sort-price:asc/

If you want a Striper that has been used here is a good deal https://thunderbirdmarine.com/yacht-sales/26-striper-2601-walkaround/

If you want an early 2000's striper with high hour engines you can find them for 50-80k.

Boys there is no free lunch. That double eagle was well priced and so is that Striper if it is brand new with a bit of scum. I'm not a fan of 2-strokes unless it's on a boat without a top/cabin but hey it comes with a kicker that will cost you a mint to install if you are looking for a new one. You want a Cuddy and 4 stroke outboards it's expensive, just installing a set of Verado's on old hull will cost you 20k, I just looked at a quote today for 26k. As the boys at Trotac say if you don't like burning $1000 dollar bills don't buy a boat. If you think Grady's exist in Idaho with a estuary and sand in the back ground you have been on different parts of that state then me! Any Grady built after 1998 is a premium boat, not personally in my mind but if one comes up for under 30k with good engines it is sold in minutes just like a double eagle with a Cuddy on the island! If a boat comes up that is a good deal in North America there are car and rv dealers, brokers all clambering to buy it before you to put on their lot as they have no inventory and can make better margins on a boat. Here are the comparable boats to that Striper, I personally won't buy it due to only have seats for two people to keep dry. https://www.boattrader.com/boats/ty...d/length-25,30/year-2010,2023/sort-price:asc/

If you want a Striper that has been used here is a good deal https://thunderbirdmarine.com/yacht-sales/26-striper-2601-walkaround/

If you want an early 2000's striper with high hour engines you can find them for 50-80k.
All I am saying is the boats are way overpriced right now and have been for a while, before I pulled the trigger on my wellcraft I shop for boats for 2 years and seen all kinds, gradys whalers champion pursuit, all mid 90 to 2004 with different power, all outboards and none of them where over 50Us or 60 can, I wanted to spend no more then 50k canadien, even marine one in langley add some listed under 50 back then. Ok a 2015 is worth more yes, but at 163k really ??? Not sure how much it was new, but not way more then 163k. Buddy in renfrew had his 27ft tank, ( jacksoncraft) with twin 300 suk, with low hrs for 220k, not sure it sold for 220 but night and day between the 2 boats

Last edited:

That's a really good point about the photo of the marina. I honestly didn't look that closely. I quickly scanned the very lacking photos and sent an email looking for more info. I'm not too concerned about getting scammed either way. I'm actually still surprised that this is even a thing. I can't believe that they get enough takers to make it worth the time.

As far as pricing I guess we disagree. I don't look at that and think wow, too good to be true. I see a boat that to get it home in my driveway and rigged up the way I want it will still cost me between $50 and $60k. If the motors go south quickly we can turn that into $100k plus and it is still 21 years old.

That's a really good point about the photo of the marina. I honestly didn't look that closely. I quickly scanned the very lacking photos and sent an email looking for more info. I'm not too concerned about getting scammed either way. I'm actually still surprised that this is even a thing. I can't believe that they get enough takers to make it worth the time.

As far as pricing I guess we disagree. I don't look at that and think wow, too good to be true. I see a boat that to get it home in my driveway and rigged up the way I want it will still cost me between $50 and $60k. If the motors go south quickly we can turn that into $100k plus and it is still 21 years old.
With the etransfer sight unseen transactions going on, if true I am sure some get stiff, I personally would never do it lol

The price was just part of the real issue, the usual things you will see in a scam relate to a lack of any visible registration numbers on the boat, or a trailer with a visible plate on it, names of businesses in the background to help identify the geographic area etc. plus no real information about the boat.

The price was just part of the real issue, the usual things you will see in a scam relate to a lack of any visible registration numbers on the boat, or a trailer with a visible plate on it, names of businesses in the background to help identify the geographic area etc. plus no real information about the boat.
Fair enough. I'll know for sure either way very soon when I get an email response. I've never yet seen a scam that wasn't obvious. I'm sure the seller is a very upstanding citizen who happens to be away with the boys and girls overseas. That and the broken English which is just a coincidence and the fact that it concerns me illustrates my "white privilege".

This used to live down the street from me with two big two strokes. So sad I never see it in the water. So close to being worth buying, but my life needs to be slow and steady, my rock star days are far behind me....anyone? I will be a willing tuna crew man!
2007 Northwest aluminum 32 ft offshore
$19,995
That boat is bad butt!

I thought this Hourston was posted a few days ago but I can't find the post. Just had price adjustment up to $9,500...I think it was at $6,500 earlier
View attachment 68112

Hourston Glascraft
Deep V boat
70 hp Johnson motor
Trailer
2 electric down riggers
Fish Finder
GPS
Selling $9,500 firm

This guy has been posting and reposting a lot. Yesterday around 8pm it was reposted at $9500firm. This morning he's back down to $6500firm and is asserting that there are no issues. Smells fishy to me...

$32,500.
Double Eagle Aluminum pod by EagleCraft Daigle Marine in Campbell River in 2005. 2005 Mercury 200. 2005 Mercury 15hp Bigfoot kicker with Goetz remote. Low hour motors. Fold down sleeper seats with cuddy. 1 piece sloped rear canvas. Trailer in great condition with 4 new tires last year. Always stored inside heated shop. Only used once a year for a couple day

View attachment 68114View attachment 68118View attachment 68117View attachment 68116View attachment 68115View attachment 68113
Thats a nice boat remember less is more easier to maintain easier on gas. Also the all most important thing not enough room for countless extra mods. I keep buying things for my boat and it may never end?

Not my Boat but I thought this was a decent price for solid welded aluminum. Someone should grab this.

Last edited:
Back