Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Youd be surprised at the cost of putting together a new tinny in that size. Mines going to end up costing somewhere in that range.
Agree. I priced one out from Inlet. He's probably asking what he paid before tax.
Plus it looks like he's throwing in riggers, etc. Sometimes the best deals are from guys getting out of boating.

I never got a quote from Silver Streak but Id guess that boat, bare aluminum, no rigging or electronics, is probably in the 40-50k range, maybe more. Add 25k for power and controls, 5k electronics and rigging, 4k trailer, couple grand for gear and extras, plus taxes.... it adds up fast.

I never got a quote from Silver Streak but Id guess that boat, bare aluminum, no rigging or electronics, is probably in the 40-50k range, maybe more. Add 25k for power and controls, 5k electronics and rigging, 4k trailer, couple grand for gear and extras, plus taxes.... it adds up fast.

Lol, I'm all too aware. Still I don't think he's taking much of a loss.

Shouldn’t have to take a huge loss for 5 hours of use in a lake. Basically he’s selling a brand new boat, but saving you the time it takes to have one built.

Shouldn’t have to take a huge loss for 5 hours of use in a lake. Basically he’s selling a brand new boat, but saving you the time it takes to have one built.
What is the market for that boat right now though? He might have to take a loss seeing that it looks like it was for sale earlier and did not sell. I’m just surmising here.

I’d say he is asking more than he paid...

bare boat would be closer to 25-27 I think based off what the bare hardtop version is with a load of stuff.

Attachments

• 5321EC96-64FA-4A94-98C8-677F77700170.jpeg
    5321EC96-64FA-4A94-98C8-677F77700170.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 52
Spend 2 years finishing it and you'll have a boat worth 25k Canadian if you are lucky. I never understand the value of project boats.
There are none lol, personal satisfaction of sitting a boat you know is solid, money wise it’s a crap shoot for sure

Spend 2 years finishing it and you'll have a boat worth 25k Canadian if you are lucky. I never understand the value of project boats.
Also a new boat is very $$$, I look every year at the boat show just an example 23 Gulf Stream with twin 200yammy 270k plus tax and docs so there is a bit a room to rebuilt an older boat lol

Also a new boat is very $$$, I look every year at the boat show just an example 23 Gulf Stream with twin 200yammy 270k plus tax and docs so there is a bit a room to rebuilt an older boat lol

Yeah, crazy what a new boat costs. But with virtually no rigging done you would spend a ton on parts and time on that Olympic project even before importingit.

If you rebuild an old Grady to as new condition it will be worth a ton of satisfaction and pride or a Tolman Skiff or a learn to weld based on a custom cnc cut well-designed Cope.... Some of these projects are like adding a Cummins to a Chevy, in the end you have Frankenstein that no one wants to buy off you.

Back