Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I agree,if I was building boats ,I wouldn't want some backyard handyman producing something with my name on it.Sales must be slow or bad posting.
You see the odd manufacturer in the US still doing this but it's the first I've heard of it in Canada. Pretty interesting, I think. I'd be really curious to see a price breakdown of the options.

I think it's this as well, difficult to find suitable talent to finish the builds.
I have been to his shop many times,I wanted to buy one of his boats, the old man is a great guy, took me for an in deep visit of the shop and showed the part built and almost done finish boat. Mold fiberglass process and explain how he builds these boats. Manpower was a big issue at that point, that was 5-6 years ago. He was very busy at that time. They are an awsome built boat

I have been to his shop many times,I wanted to buy one of his boats, the old man is a great guy, took me for an in deep visit of the shop and showed the part built and almost done finish boat. Mold fiberglass process and explain how he builds these boats. Manpower was a big issue at that point, that was 5-6 years ago. He was very busy at that time. They are an awsome built boat

We have friends who just took delivery of a new 255 with dual outboards, it's their 3rd Monaro and they won't shut up about how incredible it is! I havent been for a rip yet but look forward to it for sure. It took quite a while to complete as they seemed to be super busy. It's a great BC brand and I hope it remains in place unlike Hourston and many others.

They
We have friends who just took delivery of a new 255 with dual outboards, it's their 3rd Monaro and they won't shut up about how incredible it is! I havent been for a rip yet but look forward to it for sure. It took quite a while to complete as they seemed to be super busy. It's a great BC brand and I hope it remains in place unlike Hourston and many others.
do have a loyal following, most boat they have for sale used are trade in for new ones, the only reason I opted out, was I wanted to get away from the I/o, and could not afford a outboard model at the time. He was doing a pod swap at that time and was saying these hull where not designe to hang a outboard off a pod, after it was done , 21 foot model, the guy was really happy with it

Possibly. Way too cheap.
Why too cheap? What do you figure it was worth?
I can’t see any details like hours on motor but based on pics sounds about right?
My buddy bought same bought mint condition with low hours 90 Yamaha and kicker for 16k a couple years ago.

I was the one who jumped on that Tyee. Talked to the guy and seemed legit. However, he was waiting on a deal to go through for his new boat and that fell through.. so now he's keeping the Tyee and I'm SOL. Too bad, seemed like a good deal.

wow to bad for you that was a steal at that price. Oh well make sure he has your number because he will find another boat and if you can get that thing for that price it's a deal.

Why too cheap? What do you figure it was worth?
I can’t see any details like hours on motor but based on pics sounds about right?
My buddy bought same bought mint condition with low hours 90 Yamaha and kicker for 16k a couple years ago.

The boat Scott is talking about, identical except a 115 on with some extras, sold 2 weeks ago for well over double that.

My buddy bought the exact same boat this past Feb except the hull was 2 years older for 2x that price

Know another guy that just bought a mid 90s 16ft Double Eagle (more of less same hull design) with a 60 on it for $9500.

There's another listed somewhere, mid 80's Double Eagle with same vintage motors for $8500

Used Vic has a mid 90's 16.6 Double Eagle with a newer 90 and kicker for $16,500

That boat should be at least 20k assuming no extras just boat/motor/trailer. Motor has just under 300 hr

Boats have gone up a lot in the last couple of years, and after a small drop post covid, are up even higher.

As for @Rumbo thanks for posting and sorry you lost it. That was a STEAL.

Last edited:
Big rig! https://www.facebook.com/groups/673...151/?sale_post_id=1937553163042151&__tn__=K-R

Marc Dubrulle
6h
Boston Whaler 285 Conquest - $95,000 CDN

* Fully Loaded, every option available

Hull 1999
Engines 2003
Electronics 2016
Trailer 2002

* Freshly Cut Polished and waxed

I am selling my fully loaded 285 Boston Whaler Conquest. This boat is in great condition and everything works. Below are some of the key specs and numbers on this boat:

- Twin 2003 Yamaha 225 4 stroke Engines – 2018 these engines were fully serviced and both engines had their exhaust manifolds replaced to avoid the dry corrosion issues that are prevalent on Yamahas built between 2000 and 2005. Timing belts were also replaced on both engines as well as water pumps and internal zincs. Stainless steel props. Maximum speed is 36knots. Cruises at 25 knots.
o Port Engine hours – Logged before 2018 season was 1068hours I suspect this is now 1400 hours
o Starboard Engine hours - Logged before 2018 season was 1070hours I suspect this is now 1400hours
- 2002 Vanguard/Trailmaster Tri-Axel Trailer with 7500lb axels - all bearings replaced in 2018. Included in sale.
- Kholer Gas Generator – Plumbed to Port gas Tank – Runs like a top
- 50 Gallon Fresh Water Tank
- 20 Gallon Black Water Tank
- 2x 148 Gallon Fuel Tanks – Max volume of Fuel is 1120 liters
- 2x Large built in fish wells
- Large Prep Table on back deck
- Full Galley which includes – Single Burner Electric Stove, Microwave, Fridge and Sink (All in working order)
- 5 Gallon Hot Water Tank
- 30 amp shore power
- Electric Heater and A/C built in
- 4 12volt batteries (All batteries replaced 2020)
- Electric Windlass Winch
- Raymarine Auto Pilot
- Kenwood stereo – Brand new 2018 – Blue Tooth and microphone for hands free
- Rear Bar Sink
- Vacu-Flush Head – In working order with Macerator
- Raw Water Wash Down
- Rear Fresh water shower station
- Fold down bench seat on back deck
- Wired for Scotty Down Riggers – Bases included Down riggers not included
- Hardtop – Replaced in 2016 and at the same time all electronics were upgraded
- Bimini – Allows for full enclosure In great shape and was brand new with replacement of hardtop in 2016. Includes slope back for back deck when needed for extended periods of storage.
- 2016 Garmin 10” Touch Screen GPS/Chartplotter/Fish Finder with 8mile radar
- VHF Radio with integrated AIS
- Front and Rear deck flood lights, Led strip lighting under the side gunnels adds a nice touch
- 2x Windshield wipers
- Max Capacity is 14 people
- Sleeps 4
This boat is the largest 285 that Boston Whaler made. It measures 32’ Long and has a beam of 10’-3”. An amazingly stable platform. This boat is larger than any of the modern 285 Conquests and measures up just smaller than the modern 305. You get the best of both worlds with this boat, it allows for fishing as well as cruising and in both cases you have all the amenities that you could ever ask for. This is an extremely spacious boat with lots of room under the hardtop as well as out front, on the rear deck or even on the rear transom platform where you have ample room to walk between the motors and the back deck; once again not something you will find on the modern versions of the Conquest line. On our most recent trip with this boat we took it from Port Hardy all the way North to Klemtu never once concerned for anything. I personally waited 2 years to find this boat, as Grady’s are a dime a dozen up here in Vancouver, however finding a Whaler in this shape with all the upgrades is near impossible.
Please note I have all receipts for work done on this boat. I spent over $14,000 on this boat in 2018 for things that did not require any work, however wanted to get them looked at and addressed just in case. Most of the money was spent on the Engines with some on cosmetics.
I can talk forever about this boat and I may have missed some items above in the specs, so please call me to discuss further. However I do ask that you not waste my time, serious enquiries only. I have no need to sell this boat, I am only doing so as I would like a slightly smaller boat that is easier to trailer and easier to bring to the west coast of Vancouver island. So once again, please don’t bother me unless you are north of $90K on your budget. Only trade option would be if you are upgrading from a 24'-26' fishing boat with twin engines.

+4

$95,000 · Surrey, BC
1999 Boston Whaler 285 Conquest w/trailer

Back