Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I like your attitude, and hope you’re right!
Thanks bud. Something else I was thinking about, as the prices in the USA are coming down, so is our dollar! This is a **** off because a lot of boats down there are sold almost with mortgage type financing. That could mean a lot of choices for us up here except our dollar seems to be tanking.

Uhh. Have you heard of covid 19?
Over A third of the country is unemployed. This goes well beyond regulations. People are losing their shirts and the first thing to go will be boats.
By this logic then yes $150k wakeboarding boat prices will fall :rolleyes:

Stop me if I have heard this before. Like last year with the Chinook restrictions. Freefall is such a subjective word, so many factors before a blanket statement will apply.
The last recession in 2008 was followed with cheap boats. This will be much worse. With the exception of government workers in certain fields and some essential service people North America etc is grinding to a halt economically. This is Economics 100. I am glad I sold my Northwest 27 last year because my retirement income just fell on its face in 1 month.

Stop me if I have heard this before. Like last year with the Chinook restrictions. Freefall is such a subjective word, so many factors before a blanket statement will apply.
Some of us are old enough to remember living through the early 1980's, when people walked away from their houses. We have had a good run up until now. When things get tough, as they will when government aid runs out, the first things to go are the "toys". You will see all sorts of "great deals" coming up but don't bite. The deals get better. Many people were already over-extended. Now, the entire global economy has been hit hard so this will not bottom out for 2 or 3 more years and sadly, the bankers have cold hearts.

Some of us are old enough to remember living through the early 1980's, when people walked away from their houses. We have had a good run up until now. When things get tough, as they will when government aid runs out, the first things to go are the "toys". You will see all sorts of "great deals" coming up but don't bite. The deals get better. Many people were already over-extended. Now, the entire global economy has been hit hard so this will not bottom out for 2 or 3 more years and sadly, the bankers have cold hearts.
I agree with fox seas many world economies were all ready on the down swing, this is like nothing most of us have ever lived through. The economy out west here especially has been real bubbly for a long time now, I think 2008 has nothing on what’s happening now and what’s going to happen

Include me in that demographic, 20 plus percent interest rates as an example. You will also recall how quickly it turned around. Stock market corrections, 9-11, post Olympic downturn, provincial correction after the last election etc. This time there is financial help available which we did not have before. We had to live through the Bennett restraint program for wages and prices in the early 80's. Lots of similarities but lots of differences too. It is just too early to do a blanket condemnation of our future, in my opinion.

Look at all the mill workers still going in, the hospital workers, grocery and supplier chains, lots of people are still working and will continue to work. The essential service list is quite extensive. And not everyone was over extended.

This is getting off topic a bit for the used boats for sale thread, sorry folks.

And my apologies for the distraction. I like seeing the boats for sale and people’s input. It’s love for us “older guys”. Back to the pictures please.

Something seems off about that Whaler (1999 23ft Conquest with 400hrs on 135hp Optis). The seller has been posting and deleting the ad a few times that I've seen. Here's the same boat listed on a nearby CL with one additional picture:
https://salem.craigslist.org/boa/d/salem-1999-boston-whaler-conquest-23/7099075851.html

You can see spots where the black bottom paint hasn't fully been removed. The second ad emphasizes "AS IS". I'd be checking those motors very carefully, or budgeting on an immediate repower.

post id: 7103562225 29 Seaswirl Nanaimo "Craigslist" This is the definition of a well cared for and updated boat.I like everything but the price.$144.900 K

01111_gd3uapQ9B4J_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
Back