Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Re the Sea-ray 24'.
What is it you see or don't see with the fuel system? I don't see an overflow gas escape route/tube from the fuel pump to the carb., all I see is 2 chrome supply tubes.
I can't see if the alternator and start motor have explosion screens in them.
The cooling system seems standard, fresh water cooled using coolant in the block.
others like Wolf have a 383 , a modified 350. might be hard to park at low rpm?

fuel pump rupture tube is
Re the Sea-ray 24'.
What is it you see or don't see with the fuel system? I don't see an overflow gas escape route/tube from the fuel pump to the carb., all I see is 2 chrome supply tubes.
I can't see if the alternator and start motor have explosion screens in them.
The cooling system seems standard, fresh water cooled using coolant in the block.
others like Wolf have a 383 , a modified 350. might be hard to park at low rpm?
that is correct on the fuel pump hose, also a automotive carb- marine carbs do not have 3/8 vacuum ports for vacuum brakes, pvc line run to the brake port on the carb, not the spark arrestor on the carb. next you have expensive dry joint manifolds running raw water in them is stead of blocking off at the riser. then the plug on the riser instead of a pipe plug. talk about a old inner transum plate is from the 70's it is a old mr plate, not from a 1985

sorry if i offended anyone, as a mechanic it boil's my blood to see unsafe or stupid stuff on a boat that someone obviously tried hard to do a nice job, but the problem is that it is for sale like this, and a buyer may think it is proper

Last edited:
I don't believe the North Island Lodge boat in the picture is an 18'. Looks to be one of the 20's from their fleet. Believe it's a case of unintentional false advertising.

I agree, that's definitely is not an '18 pictured in the add.

Reactions: AlK
Now THAT is a descriptive ad! IMO It got a bit out of hand when he mentions that it’s only ever had 3 ply toilet paper in the head.

Is it true that that Commander only holds 150 gallons of fuel? Assuming holding back 10% for reserve, leaves you with 135 gallons usable.

Twin V8s are going to burn 2 x 12 gph or 24 gph. That gives you 5.5 hours of usable run time... or 5.5 x 18 knots = 99 nautical miles before you're refuelling...

Is it true that that Commander only holds 150 gallons of fuel? Assuming holding back 10% for reserve, leaves you with 135 gallons usable.

Twin V8s are going to burn 2 x 12 gph or 24 gph. That gives you 5.5 hours of usable run time... or 5.5 x 18 knots = 99 nautical miles before you're refuelling...
Says 197 gallons in the listing. That’s a bunch, but obviously diesels will get better range

Says 197 gallons in the listing. That’s a bunch, but obviously diesels will get better range

PASTE from ad;

Tankage
• 75 gallon Fresh water tank
• 150 gallon Fuel tank, welded aluminum
• 30 gallon Holding Tank
• 8 gallon Hot water tank

END PASTE

I see 150 gallons in the post. 150 gallons fuel capacity, which is 135 usable gallons with 10% reserve for safety. 24 gph at 18 knots (20mph) works out to only 129 miles range on 135 gallons. You would be running on fumes if you tried to go Burrard Civic to Thrasher and back twice for fishing without refuelling.

EDIT;

I see now where you see 197 gallons. Looks like they list tankage twice in the ad, and different sizes at each point...

PASTE;

Tank
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 Aluminum (70 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Aluminum (197 Gallons)

END PASTE.

With 197 gallons you'd be much better. Could go fishing across the strait twice before refuelling. :) No Tuna runs tho... :)

I bet you the cruise is faster than 18kn at 3200-3400.... Which would make it all a non-issue.

Last edited:
PASTE from ad;

Tankage
• 75 gallon Fresh water tank
• 150 gallon Fuel tank, welded aluminum
• 30 gallon Holding Tank
• 8 gallon Hot water tank

END PASTE

I see 150 gallons in the post. 150 gallons fuel capacity, which is 135 usable gallons with 10% reserve for safety. 24 gph at 18 knots (20mph) works out to only 129 miles range on 135 gallons. You would be running on fumes if you tried to go Burrard Civic to Thrasher and back twice for fishing without refuelling.

Maybe we are looking at different boats?! Either way 130 gallons is a little over 500l and at the current price of over $1.50/L you’re looking at $750 to fish twice? No thanks. I’ll keep my 17’er with a 90 :D

2270D113-F8C5-4C82-BCC4-C557D12F4DE8.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s actually 197 US gallons and 164 imperial gallons hence the confusion.

My twin diesel 30 uses about 14 gph running at 35mph which gives me a range of about 360 miles.
Which gets me from Vancouver to Bamfield and back. For a boat it’s weight, size, and versatility it’s pretty good.
Still kinda hurts to fill up a 100+ gallons though.

Do v8’s in a twin install actually burn 12 gph each? I’m think more 16 to 20 gph. RC what did your single Bayliner burn?

Back