Boat trailer has swinging cross members...?

Go.Fish

I have this Calkins boat trailer and always thought it looked weird. Finally having the boat off that trailer and taking a closer look I can’t decide if it’s supposed to be like this. The centre marker lights are pointed on a 45 towards the ground
The bunk cross tubes are tilted down when the boat is on it. 4 bolts total holding the weight of the boat. With the boat off I can easily swing the cross tubes which raises and lowers the bunks and keel rollers. Honestly quite like the way the boat sits low for launching. If I raise the bunks to level there are bolt holes on the rear to keep it raised but there aren’t 2 pairs of holes in the front. The bunks connect the front and rear cross members so they swing in tandem.
Is this normal? I’d call it a swinging cross member trailer but can’t find anything on google.E5A94BDF-071D-45E9-9CF5-FC77A62E47F4.jpeg3652EC4A-AEA1-4EEB-BC4D-6CF07DB310D5.jpeg

I have this Calkins boat trailer and always thought it looked weird. Finally having the boat off that trailer and taking a closer look I can’t decide if it’s supposed to be like this. The centre marker lights are pointed on a 45 towards the ground
The bunk cross tubes are tilted down when the boat is on it. 4 bolts total holding the weight of the boat. With the boat off I can easily swing the cross tubes which raises and lowers the bunks and keel rollers. Honestly quite like the way the boat sits low for launching. If I raise the bunks to level there are bolt holes on the rear to keep it raised but there aren’t 2 pairs of holes in the front. The bunks connect the front and rear cross members so they swing in tandem.
Is this normal? I’d call it a swinging cross member trailer but can’t find anything on google.View attachment 56701View attachment 56702

I like it...

yes it is normal, it auto adjusts to the boat. neighbor has the same trailer
Good to know thanks!

Seems like a good idea, the only issues I have are the marker lights pointing down. And with previous boat trailers having a friend at the launch with me I would just disconnect the winch strap and safety chain before backing down the launch. With this setup though I could swear the boat moves around and could possibly launch itself off the trailer if I stepped on the brakes too hard.
Note to self, DO NOT DISCONNECT WINCH STRAP BEFORE REACHING THE WATER!

At some point would like to replace the cross members pivot bushings but still don’t know what the trailer style is called

I just finished a rebuild on the same style trailer and I managed to track down the pivot brackets underneath the bunks, They are available to be ordered from Carnai Trailers and the information is listed below for you. They may have the other parts as well. Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 8.08.03 AM.png

Back