Boat show reports?

B

Brisco

Anyone been to the boat show? Is it even a little different from the past 20 years? ;)

quote:Originally posted by Brisco
Anyone been to the boat show? Is it even a little different from the past 20 years? ;)

I doubt it last time I was there 4 years ago it was so bad..........and I was working too!

It's a mickey mouse boat show same old/same old year after year you can bet on that.

I see West Marine doesn't even bother with it anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
freshwaterlagoonnuquicw3.jpg

went yesterday. Ateendance is down so far. Biggest difference was no Olympic boat center so no giant tubs in the middle of the show. TNT and Cascade were there with a few sleds. Saw some Pursuits from Parker marine in Courtenay. Otherwise pretty much the same with a few cosmetic changes. Interesting to see the price of outboards seemed a little cheaper than last year (maybe an illusion). The new Lowrance HDS sounders looked pretty neat.

went yesterday. Ateendance is down so far. Biggest difference was no Olympic boat center so no giant tubs in the middle of the show. TNT and Cascade were there with a few sleds. Saw some Pursuits from Parker marine in Courtenay. Otherwise pretty much the same with a few cosmetic changes. Interesting to see the price of outboards seemed a little cheaper than last year (maybe an illusion). The new Lowrance HDS sounders looked pretty neat.

went to seattle last week, tons of boats and accessories it was pretty impresive. the prices for accessories were about the same as up here so best to buy local, which you should do anyway.

went to seattle last week, tons of boats and accessories it was pretty impresive. the prices for accessories were about the same as up here so best to buy local, which you should do anyway.

quote:Originally posted by bee15
i dont like the admission fee, never have.
Agreed-BC Place is a dirty smelly dump and no matter how much money they spend it'll still be a dump run by clowns.[V]

quote:Originally posted by bee15
i dont like the admission fee, never have.
Agreed-BC Place is a dirty smelly dump and no matter how much money they spend it'll still be a dump run by clowns.[V]

Wow Dogbreath, don't hold back. Obviously you have been involved with B.C. Place in some way. I did manage to make it there since I was working downtown. I stopped at the D.F.O. booth and asked why they supported fish farms and had a dept. dedicated to them. I told them they are killing are wild stocks. Of course I was as welcome as a fart at a tea party. I spoke to a nice fellow from England at the Georgia Strait Aliance and got a couple of bumper stickers. I bought some cool repair tape made of silicone. And the best part was the guy selling the latest Charlie White lure. It looks like a poor wood carving of an anchovie with mylar stuck on both sides. He was selling lots of them. I remember the boatshows where people were lining up and boat salesmen were writing up contracts. I found the boat reps kind of on the doom and gloom side.

Wow Dogbreath, don't hold back. Obviously you have been involved with B.C. Place in some way. I did manage to make it there since I was working downtown. I stopped at the D.F.O. booth and asked why they supported fish farms and had a dept. dedicated to them. I told them they are killing are wild stocks. Of course I was as welcome as a fart at a tea party. I spoke to a nice fellow from England at the Georgia Strait Aliance and got a couple of bumper stickers. I bought some cool repair tape made of silicone. And the best part was the guy selling the latest Charlie White lure. It looks like a poor wood carving of an anchovie with mylar stuck on both sides. He was selling lots of them. I remember the boatshows where people were lining up and boat salesmen were writing up contracts. I found the boat reps kind of on the doom and gloom side.

the "poor charlie white lure" actually cacthes fish. It's used lots by guys out of Kitimat and Prince Rupert. The stores up there that sell them do so because of customer demand. It may look new down here but it's been around for 5-6 years up north.

the "poor charlie white lure" actually cacthes fish. It's used lots by guys out of Kitimat and Prince Rupert. The stores up there that sell them do so because of customer demand. It may look new down here but it's been around for 5-6 years up north.

I don't know , thought the 2009 Boat Show was not that bad actually , your right Brisco , I heard this a few times , " Honey if we had any money , which boat would we buy " lol !! I'm Serious , alot of kickers , was different not seeing Olympic's Bayliner display , another company under , Unreal . I really enjoyed the Larger Aluminum's , Kingfisher , Lifetimer , Silver Streak etc... BIG BUCKS though , Nice Rides , The 31 Pursuit was also pretty sweet. Did not walk out with a new rig , did leave with $ 800 of Nikka Goodies , Power Pro , here I come!! $ 40 for I believe 400 foot spool , Cheers , FD;)

IMG_1356-1-1-1.jpg

Hey Fog Docker, just keep on buying all the new toys and gear. It is great for the economy however, I still plan on kicking some butt (no pun intended) later on this year when we hit Barkley Sound...:D:D
SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

I just got back from the boat show... was happy with what I saw. Guess my expectations were not all that high. Had two $7.50 beers spent a thousand smackeroos at Nikka, I like dealing with them they are always fair.Would have liked to engage in a chat with the DFO but I didn't know enough about the subject,ditto for them.
The weather was way better than Ft Mac. and the sea food was great. I had a good time.:D:D

IMG_1445.jpg

Go see them at Campbell River if you can stand talking to the cranky old fart.[:0]

IMG_1445.jpg

Hi Brisco I just want to say that the guy selling the Charlie White lures was selling a design he and his dad spent lots of hours working on.They were not Charlies if we are thinking of the same guy at the Nikka display. I can't vouch for the lure though. He used to live in Stewart BC.:D:D:D

IMG_1445.jpg

Back