Boat missing from horseshoe bay last night...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grew stolen from Horseshoe bay government dock last night around 11:30. Fibreglass with aluminum hard top. Inboard. Any leads call or text 604-619-1006

thanksF90354BF-384B-43D9-BFD4-0D65A7E27E6F.jpeg

Attachments

• A05BAFDB-A60A-4355-BA21-6F3EA80B60F6.jpeg
    A05BAFDB-A60A-4355-BA21-6F3EA80B60F6.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 149
  • 91EDE636-078D-4F77-BFFD-09A69D90BB44.jpeg
    91EDE636-078D-4F77-BFFD-09A69D90BB44.jpeg
    484.8 KB · Views: 151
I’m gonna have to remember this trick next time i miss the ferry ….

but seriously…this dude cruised to the island in the dark in those nasty SE winds we have been dealing with over here?!
Have you never done that? I crossed at night from Bowen with my brothers in a 14ft Sangater w/35hp no gps no depth sounder and just a hand bilge pump. 11 years old. Bulls eye into Silva bay. That’s just scratching the surface.

My old man did a night run Bella to Queen charlotte overnight in a 12 foot lund loaded up with jerry cans and a hand held Garmin.

Do you guys remember how the Panz’s won The Race For The Blue?

All this guy did was cruise a 24 footer with trim tabs, windshield wipers, and all the extras. Absolutely nothing impressive about that journey, and maybe you guys should go out and get some real experience on the water. If you’ve ever said “guys! We’ve got to get back by dark!” You really have not a lot of confidence.

Last edited:
Have you never done that? I crossed at night from Bowen with my brothers in a 14ft Sangater w/35hp no gps no depth sounder and just a hand bilge pump. 11 years old. Bulls eye into Silva bay. That’s just scratching the surface.

My old man did a night run Bella to Queen charlotte overnight in a 12 foot lund loaded up with jerry cans and a hand held Garmin.

All this guy did was cruise a 24 footer with trim tabs, windshield wipers, and all the extras. Absolutely nothing impressive about that journey, and maybe you guys should go out and get some real experience on the water. If you’ve ever said “guys! We’ve got to get back by dark!” You really have not a lot of confidence.
Check out the three boaters lucky to be alive thread on here…lots of valuable advice from guys who’ve been on the water for most of their lives.

Sounds like you are underestimating how windy it was on the weekend.

Sounds like you are underestimating how windy it was on the weekend.
Your cute, it’s 25 and 1.2m at halibut bank and you think it’s not safe. The Haida did bigger seas in their canoes, at night, no nav. I really struggle to understand why you think it’s impressive that someone did this crossing in these conditions. Maybe I’m jaded. Sounds like you only go on your fancy boat when it’s dead flat. I thought more of you lad. Do yourself a favour. Go out when it’s nasty, learn some stuff.

93CF7D0A-4E84-480C-A00B-01FE7ED1A59C.jpeg

Boat was found on a beach north of Nanaimo. Ignition ripped apart and hot wired. Evan from C-Tow gave me a hand getting it on the trailer. She’s got two holes, and a bit of engine damage, but so far it’s repairable. I’ve done the engine repairs and fired it up! Now I have to think of a name for this rig. Any suggestions???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back