Boat launch close to Sand heads and T10?

Ugly Betty

Inspired by recent reports. I want to try out the local area but am unsure where the best launch is for my style of boat. I have a 16' Lund with a 40hp. Any info would be so helpful as this is my first trip out that way. Looking to get away from the gong show out at the Cap. And the the Sand heads and T10 sure seems to be producing. Just need some directions on how to dial it in.

Thanks in advance!:D

Its where the rusty anchor pub is am i correct? We are heading out on Wednesday, I hope the tides play ball. I have not checked that out yet.

there is a closer launch in steveston at the end of #2 road...great launch, there is also a launch at Wellington Point Park in Ladner off of River Road. Both are closer than Captains Cove...

There is also McDonald Beach in Richmond. It's off the north side of the airport. Decent launch even at a very low tide. Can be lots of driftwood and deadheads to watch out for going down the river.

Hey...have you been out at all there daddystoy?
looks like I am heading back to Bamfield for some Tuna in a couple of weeks

As getbent stated, Steveston Harbor Authority launch at the south end of #2 rd. is the closest to Sandheads. This launch is no problem at the lowest tides. $10.00 to launch.

As getbent stated, Steveston Harbor Authority launch at the south end of #2 rd. is the closest to Sandheads. This launch is no problem at the lowest tides. $10.00 to launch.

Thanks tons for the extra details. Ten bucks is way better than getting the truck stuck or finding a launch blocked by driftwood !

I've been out a couple of times, Guy. Had a good day last Saturday. Was out with the youngest and got a high teen's a low teen's a pink and another one to the boat which was lost due to poor netting skills. I will post a couple of pics when the computer savy kid is around. How about yourself? Been out lately?

The launch is a great launch at No 2 road but the only thing I don't like about launching there is you have to keep your speed down for quite a ways until you get past Steveston harbour. It feels like forever when you just want to put the hammer down and get out there to start fishing.

The launch is a great launch at No 2 road but the only thing I don't like about launching there is you have to keep your speed down for quite a ways until you get past Steveston harbour. It feels like forever when you just want to put the hammer down and get out there to start fishing.

My fishing buddy tells me its about seven miles to Sand heads from the launch. Is that correct?

Yup, that's about right. 1 and a half miles to clear Steveston harbour from the launch and another 5 miles from there to sandheads.

That trip down through Steveston does seem to take forever for sure...haven't been out for awhile...couple of boat issues and a honey-do list at home.
I have a busy fall coming up with another trip to bamfield for tuna and then some time in the bush.

let me know when you book back at the Beam and we will see if we can hook it up again...most likely we will be there for the same period of time

Some crazy locals launch at high tide turn left and cut over the rip rapp at Shady Island and then go around the fish box into the river, 3 mins from launch to main channel. This is only advised if you know the small low spot next to shady Island tho. Having a less strenuous start up and cool down is beneficial to your motor tho. Bring your own hose & muffs to Steveston launch, they have 2 high pressure hoses, but no fittings for muffs on the end.

Back