Boat interior flooring options

I had Ultradeck quoted for my hourston cockpit to cuddy bulkhead for a mere $8,000 bucks. It felt like a pfo price, so I did exactly that.

I had Ultradeck quoted for my hourston cockpit to cuddy bulkhead for a mere $8,000 bucks. It felt like a pfo price, so I did exactly that.
That sounds exactly like a PFO price. My package including the gunwales with etched ruler and bracket/swim platform was $2400 including freight in early 2019

F9F41EEE-C513-466D-8404-CCE7C2F2B0B9.jpeg

Hi guys,

I currently have carpet and hated it. It attracts stains and mold grows on it crazy every winter. What are some of the options I can have to replace it and where to buy them? Nuteak? marine vinyl?

Thanks!
Google Safety-T-Deck from industrial plastics. Non slip,water based.
Did my interior yesterday and worked great!

older thread but was just curious if the eva foam stuff from amazon sticks to the textured non slip decks of some boats. or is it best to only use on smooth surfaces.

thanks
bryce.

older thread but was just curious if the eva foam stuff from amazon sticks to the textured non slip decks of some boats. or is it best to only use on smooth surfaces.

thanks
bryce.
I bought 3 rolls to do my pursuit a couple years ago. It has the raised non skid. I decided against it as even with adding spray glue, ive heard of it pealing up fairly easily on raised non skid. Ive got some non skid paint instead to put on it this spring.

I really like the look of the Vinyl plank flooring/ultra deck and it helping my bad knees would be really nice. Has anyone put it down on a low textured gel coat floor, if so does it adhere well to it? I have been contemplating doing this but am worried it won’t stick well

Did seadeck on my boat 6 years ago yes its starting to show it a bit in corners etc but its had over 2500 peoples on it as I consider 100 plus trips a year with 4 people per trip on avg so I say that foam product on floor works great !!!!!! they dont have "seadeck" here anymore so did the amazon thing worked just as good .
Trick is PREP make sure its clean then cut it out and dont peel all the tape off just a small band lay that into place then pull the paper out from under it while you lay it down , just like guys who do pin stripping,
what I like most is after a day its great on the back and knees

D5403E94-013B-465F-9612-00B7D40409A2.jpeg

After looking into a variety of options, I just went with Ultra-Deck. They come out and complete a laser template, and then you can customize from there. I added a couple of rulers to make it faster to measure hali - and more accurate than a tape measure.

I came across these guys out of Portland, they have a nice product.

Lots of different pattern and colour options with glue down and snap in mats etc

The entire job including tax, installation, materials was $4,500. I also did the cuddy cabin and stairs down into it, which you can't see in the pics. Probably would have been around $4k without doing the cuddy.
That's completely understandable. Between templating , custom, communication, fabricating and actually installing that it's a multi step process. They did a nice job

View attachment 91280

After looking into a variety of options, I just went with Ultra-Deck. They come out and complete a laser template, and then you can customize from there. I added a couple of rulers to make it faster to measure hali - and more accurate than a tape measure.
Good idea with the Hali tape. I agree it would be more accurate than a tape layed over the fish ( I think there is a whole thread on this topic😁)
I measured a nice spring at 79.5 cm on my Ultradeck ruler on the gunnel last summer and I could have had an argument with DFO if they measured it with their tape.

Here is the low budget approach. Amazon EVA. Just added it to the dance floor a few days ago, after doing the cockpit and cabin last year and having it hold up very well. Same process as before. Dance floor was $300 in materials.

The template process is a bit of a pain because of the Faux teak design. If I had selected an EVA sheet with no lines, a clean instal would be a piece of cake. Keeping the lines aligned just takes a bit of extra consideration - especially the middle section where I had to combine two sheets together because they come too narrow out of the box.

Back to the original question about lifting on non-stick deck… no problems at all with that. If you go the the SeaDek website, they have lots of how to DIY resources. They actually recommended using the non-skid as the design template.

Having this stuff installed makes doing maintenance and repairs 100x more enjoyable. It’s comfortable to kneel or lay down on. You can take the engine cowling off and place it on the floor without worrying about scratching or sliding. If you drop a cannon ball on the floor, no big deal. Crab traps and the Dog aren’t sliding around the dance floor when you are getting on plane. Very functional stuff, beyond just looking pretty.

Attachments

• E3C6498E-F244-40D1-8B9B-EFA13CF65CC1.jpeg
    E3C6498E-F244-40D1-8B9B-EFA13CF65CC1.jpeg
    278.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 991AFB3A-87C4-445F-B97B-2AB0642390BB.jpeg
    991AFB3A-87C4-445F-B97B-2AB0642390BB.jpeg
    260.8 KB · Views: 108
Install looks very professional. What did you use as a cutting tool, especially for the circles?

Hi guys,

I currently have carpet and hated it. It attracts stains and mold grows on it crazy every winter. What are some of the options I can have to replace it and where to buy them? Nuteak? marine vinyl?

Thanks!
I re-floored my 31 Eaglecraft with Nautikflor after researching other comparable options. It is fantastic and worth every penny. Super easy to install.

Back