Boat Insurance for guys who fish ?

Just an update... Im getting my boat surveyed tomorrow.. it costs $12 per foot for the survey...
Then I can go ahead with the insurance... The insurers didn't accept all the receipts,photo's,replacement costs and item sheets I provided.

I just had a quote for a 2007 - Seafox 25' boat, motors and trailer for ~$420.00: declared value payout;
1 mil liability incl. pollution; $500 deductible on the boat; $250 on auxiliary motor, trailer and personal effects; deductible waived if 3rd party liable. $2 mil liab. = + $45. Medical to $5000, uninsured boater to $1 mil. and emergency tow to $1000 also covered. No survey required if <10 years old.
It covers JDF and the coasts up to the AK panhandle. Washington coast is excluded.

Hub (Beacon) was a fair bit more money; also declared value.
pm me if you have questions or want contact info, etc.

Yeah... so the surveyor came out 45mins, bunch of pictures, some notes ... guy knew what he was doing for sure...$330 for the survey and $30 for driving out ?? others to do in the area anyways.. total $360 with HST 24ft boat new... Aluminum a simple job.. (Im in the wrong business) ..lol

Waiting for the paper work to come back, estimating current value at 80k and replacement at 140-150k... Im guessing $700-$900 insurance for the year...

My House Insurance BCAA would do upto 35k replacement and was somewhere's around $500

Ill be shopping around, but he did say its best to go with a proper boat insurance company, that specializes in boat insurance...

Thanks Foxsea, ill get some quotes and see whats up....

I know for the first 10 years or so you can get replacement id make sure you get that just to be on the safe side I know nothing will happen BUT if it does better afe than sorry IMO

Dallas Selman... Did the survey and got me my report the next day...

He's one of the guys on the list from HUB.. some guys couldnt even return an email or phone call...

Ive shopped around a bit and $840 seems to be the cheapest, based on $90,000 current value and being able to operate around VI / WestCharlottes
Thats thru Dolphin
Hub was around 1,100
and waiting on one more...

Yeah, ran me $1,000 found a place willing to do the payment plan...got tired of waiting for quotes... Had to jump on something so I could get out there sooner than later...
I'll try again next year with a bit more time to spare...

No real discounts for having Transport Canada Tickets, same as Power Squadron about $60 off...

Whatever, just wanna get fishing, never gone so long without dragging a few lines in the water...

Yeah, ran me $1,000 found a place willing to do the payment plan...got tired of waiting for quotes... Had to jump on something so I could get out there sooner than later...
I'll try again next year with a bit more time to spare...

No real discounts for having Transport Canada Tickets, same as Power Squadron about $60 off...

Whatever, just wanna get fishing, never gone so long without dragging a few lines in the water...

You did what you had to do Brad. I still think the survey was worth it for the new build. You now have record to go with her and can go into the future with eyes wide open. It will simplifiy things if you go to sell her. I hope your out there this weekend. Let's see some on the water shot's buddy!!!

Back