boat dealers Vancouver Island

rob67

Hi Guys ,
New to the forum and fairly new to the Island. I am in the market for a larger boat 22-24 ft. I had put a down payment on a new 25ft ranger tug but because of the whole covid thing the deal fell through. I have decided to go cash ,Right now my cash budget is 100k and I have a small 2015 16'11" StarCraft that I would either sell privately or add as trade in. The sales department does not like giving out prices unless you are ready to commit and is getting a little testy because I keep coming back to get pricing.Their service department has been nothing but fantastic and have bent over backwards to help me with my 16 footer. So any recommendations on dealers on the island . I do not want to give the name of the dealership because I do not want to bad mouth their service department. I am interested in a fiberglass boat in the 22-24 ft range fairly new with outboards. Just looking to hear who boaters have used on the island.

you should get a brand new 26 aluminum from the manufacturer direct for 100k and save your money. 60k hull, 40k motors/rigging etc

I have yet to buy, maybe tomorrow! But so far have had the best experience with Parksville Boathouse. Have sent them a billion questions and really drove him crazy I am sure, but he keeps answering my questions and is always polite etc. (Although I am sure they are getting annoyed!)

Parker Marine I have found unresponsive. I inquired about a boat they have 4 times. 4! They keep saying a salesman will get back to me but nobody ever does. I gave up. Their loss.

Bill Howich has been fairly responsive as well, but I did not really like their finance guy (not an issue for you if you are paying cash). Their finance guy really would not give me any straight answers to my questions, just really general stuff. Didn't like that at all.

Montis has been pretty responsive as well. Don't seem to phased by a bombardment of questions.

If my deal goes through tomorrow, I will post about the dealership and let you know how it all went.

I was at Parksville boathouse today, they did not have what I was looking for but they were extremely friendly and knowledgeable

If your in the area I would deal with parksville boat house. I have had good service there, the people are very friendly.

We bought our boat from la marine. Excellent service and a great deal. Highly recommend them.

Last edited:
I know this thread says island only.
But Inlet marine always has the best prices and the staff are on point!

I would not touch one of those ranger tugs with a ten foot pole. Know first hand from a few owners that bought from one of the dealers you mentioned in port and was nothing but problems from the get go. Brand new $200k boat nothing but issues. Not much help from the dealer either.

I would not touch one of those ranger tugs with a ten foot pole. Know first hand from a few owners that bought from one of the dealers you mentioned in port and was nothing but problems from the get go. Brand new $200k boat nothing but issues. Not much help from the dealer either.
I am finding that out, we are glad that we have changed our minds , looking at Grady whites now .

Back