BLUEWOLF IS FOR SALE!!!!!!

So just went over the forms you have to do for all of the DOT stuff the exact lentch of this boat is 7.8787878 and the tonnage is 4.1267
I still dont know all of this and why and how they get these equations.
It a bit confusing but was good to have him there as it was a great help.

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Good on you guys for following through on this so the rest of us have some knowledge.
I like knowing where the boundries are for the TC inspection process so the rest of us have something to go by in the future.
The more backbone you have going into the process the better and the more across the board standaards we achieve the better.
I think we can all agree the whole process is still somewhat flawed.

www.coastwidesportsfishing.com

http://ca.video.yahoo.com/watch/4726988?fr=yvmtf

With another boat maybe in the works, I called the TC marine office in Nanaimo a few weeks ago to inquire about how they are doing things now...I was sent a package of huge proportion for self inspection and told the wait is up to 3 years for an actual TC Inspector to come aboard ??? After a self inspection bang you get a blue decal rather than my Yellow one i have now.

Very strange that things differ so much from Victoria Office to Nanaimo Branch. Was it Borris who came out Roy? If so, That was fast.

www.tailspincharters.com

quote:Originally posted by Tailspin

With another boat maybe in the works, I called the TC marine office in Nanaimo a few weeks ago to inquire about how they are doing things now...I was sent a package of huge proportion for self inspection and told the wait is up to 3 years for an actual TC Inspector to come aboard ??? After a self inspection bang you get a blue decal rather than my Yellow one i have now.

Very strange that things differ so much from Victoria Office to Nanaimo Branch. Was it Borris who came out Roy? If so, That was fast.

www.tailspincharters.com

The process is pretty dumb alright. If you have a boat that is over 5 GVT, why should it matter if you're fishing EXACTLY the same waters as the guy with the boat under 5 GVT? Stupid stupid stupid. If you're both fishing 15-25 miles offshore, and buddy is in a 24 foot Bayliner guide barge and you're in a 32 foot Pursuit/Grady with 700 horse hanging off the back, higher freeboard, more safety equip, and EPIRB, etc etc etc which is just that more seaworthy, faster, and safer ? ....WHO cares about Gross Volume Tons?!~

STUPID assessment and stupid regulation which tries to arbritarily assess risk and safety factors to size of boat.

quote:Originally posted by fishin_magician

www.tailspincharters.com

The process is pretty dumb alright. If you have a boat that is over 5 GVT, why should it matter if you're fishing EXACTLY the same waters as the guy with the boat under 5 GVT? Stupid stupid stupid. If you're both fishing 15-25 miles offshore, and buddy is in a 24 foot Bayliner guide barge and you're in a 32 foot Pursuit/Grady with 700 horse hanging off the back, higher freeboard, more safety equip, and EPIRB, etc etc etc which is just that more seaworthy, faster, and safer ? ....WHO cares about Gross Volume Tons?!~

STUPID assessment and stupid regulation which tries to arbritarily assess risk and safety factors to size of boat.
My sentiments exactly. You can also have the greatest boat in the world but if you push it past the operator's experience proficency - it's a recipe for disaster as well. I see it all the time. This nothing but a tax/money grab to create some federal government jobs.

quote:Originally posted by fishin_magician

www.tailspincharters.com

Well said. Especially when the passenger capacity remains the same...

www.serengetifishingcharters.com

*NEW VIDEO*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlEzuNC59ck

Tofino I have to agree with you but what im hearing is there is going to be greater inforcement this year (olympic boats are coming here after the games along with more enforcement) so if you want to take a chance and im not implying you per say as whats this has done is created a wedge between guys that have done all this and the ones that havent the guys that have gone thru with every thing are getting pissed off that the part-time people arent on a level playing field.

I know of a few guide that THEY will rat others out and they are going to be relentless.Me I dont care but if I hear of asomeone offering trips for 50 bucks an hour and hes taking business away from me well Ill cross that bridge when it comes.

If they do catch you taking clients out and you dont have everything the first offence is 1250 bucks and it goes up from there and they will know as you have to have the blue or yellow decal thats why they have gone this way to keep track of all of us.

Trust me they have a list and they are aware of the none registred guides Im just warning so dont send me hate mail.

I know many dont want to do it but doing your blue decal is easy yellow more involved but I asked about the blue one and if something does ever happen and they investigate and you have lied they will throw the book at you so your better off doing it now as its not going to get easier while its the "slow time"

2 stroke yes it was

Wolf

quote:Originally posted by SerengetiGuide

For guys who are doing it, it takes agesssssssssss for TC to get back to you with confirmation of C number and that jazz...we sent ours away at end of April...got it back at beginning of September in the mail on way to airport to fly back east haha. So plan for long waits...I know another charter operator in Hardy that waited over a year for it!!!!

*NEW VIDEO*

You can fax your paperwork in and ask for temperary fax in return and its all done in less than 5 working day's...C number and all.
The final paperwork take up to three months but that is also rare.
Usually less than 6 weeks depending on how many phone calls you make.
Put it this way.
My last registered vessel is under 8m registered and I had it surveyed, C numbered, self-inspected and blue stickered in less than 2 weeks....no trouble at all.
I will agree totally though that the system is still extremely flawed and for the most part completely mismanaged but that shouldn't surprise any of us.
In your case Dave ,I'm not totally sure what your larger vessel will need as it's larger than the 8m and I don't know enough about the larger inspection process.
The newer vessel you have might squeek through as an under 8m but with the euro-transom Im not sure.
It's also important to remember that anything that is bolted on is not currently measured in your overall length.
Just like a commercial fishing vessel...added bolted on bows and sterns to equate for licence matching vessel length is not included in your length.
In other words...bolted on pods and pulpits and not included in the length measurement overall.

Guess I should change the heading "Bluewolf and how to deal with TC"
LOL

Dont know about that jackel better phone the pwers of above..

As for all this stuff Im doing All i had to do is make an appointment im thinking there a bit slow now so why not.
yes i agree it is somewhat a weird system but one thing you have to ask yourself if you were going to hire a charter and ill use a doctor on this would you want a fly by night guy with little experience and not insured or registered work on you or your child????or the other way around with insurance and papers??????

And yes ill agree without enforcement its all mute but from what im hearing they are going to be more aggressive this year me personally I dont want to take a chance now that it is law!!!!! a 1250 buck fine and if your caught again its worse its really not worth it as someone may loose a season before they can get all there papers in order and that would really suck!!!!!!!!I hate this as much as anyone but what can one do ??? you cant fight a law....

Wolf

quote:Originally posted by wolf

Tofino I have to agree with you but what im hearing is there is going to be greater enforcement this year (Olympic boats are coming here after the games along with more enforcement) so if you want to take a chance and im not implying you per say as whats this has done is created a wedge between guys that have done all this and the ones that haven't the guys that have gone thru with every thing are getting pissed off that the part-time people aren't on a level playing field.

I know of a few guide that THEY will rat others out and they are going to be relentless.Me I dont care but if I hear of someone offering trips for 50 bucks an hour and hes taking business away from me well Ill cross that bridge when it comes.

If they do catch you taking clients out and you dont have everything the first offence is 1250 bucks and it goes up from there and they will know as you have to have the blue or yellow decal thats why they have gone this way to keep track of all of us.

Trust me they have a list and they are aware of the none registred guides Im just warning so dont send me hate mail.

I know many dont want to do it but doing your blue decal is easy yellow more involved but I asked about the blue one and if something does ever happen and they investigate and you have lied they will throw the book at you so your better off doing it now as its not going to get easier while its the "slow time"

2 stroke yes it was

Wolf
your quite right about the extra Olympic boats and zodiacs coming into service this coming summer. Talked with T-C in Kelowna last week and they confirmed this. They will be targeting EVERY sportfishing port one by one until they are satisfied ALL charter operators have been checked. Its odd that the person I spoke with mentioned this forum and looking at websites on the web as a source for information for they crews that will be checking charter vessels. Apparently two crews will be working starting at either end of the island. The "no exception" rule will apparently be in effect for all charter vessels. The money put into Olympic security will have 18 more zodiacs/boats in the water this summer many of them working with RCMP marine DFO and TC to enforece the charter regs....

The only guys who MAY slip under the radar screen for another year are the ones with no advertising in place online, in the phone book, at their local marina or on their vessel. Everyone else they now know about and it is only a matter of time, even in Port Renfrew. A level playing field is coming and some will no doubt have lighter pocket books because they resist. Like wolf says would suck to be working one day and fined/shut down mid-season the next day. Compliance seems the better route.

Thanks fishingbc for that info I knew it was coming but didnt know to that extent wow they really must have a bee in there bonnet to go to that.I quess they have had enough now im glad im doing it now and not later,

And im sure saying these are NOT guests there friends wont go as most of the fisheries know who the guides are especially in renfrew and sooke waters.

Wolf

They say that every year though. However, I'd like to see some half of those zodiacs go to enforcing fishing reg's that I see broken regularily at the cleaning tables, and the other half to enforcement of guides...there are a lot of people who claim they did not know the reg's when they bring in a boat load of wild coho or undersized Chinook, yet we all know they knew exactly what they were doing. A lot of unregistered charters in McNeill though...tons actually.

*NEW VIDEO*

They say that every year though. However, I'd like to see some half of those zodiacs go to enforcing fishing reg's that I see broken regularily at the cleaning tables, and the other half to enforcement of guides...there are a lot of people who claim they did not know the reg's when they bring in a boat load of wild coho or undersized Chinook, yet we all know they knew exactly what they were doing. A lot of unregistered charters in McNeill though...tons actually.

*NEW VIDEO*

x2
I don't know of one charter operator who has a proper SVIP sticker on their vessel out of Mcneill

Well that may be the case but here is the BUT</u> what if they do go there and your not up to date and current as this is now law as of nov 2009,and they pinch you and you have to be tied up to the dock until you can get it all done??? to boot they will fine you for the first offence of $1250 bucks!!!!!!!
Is this a chance you really want to take????

If you have a web site and your advertising on it they know about you unfortunally people talk sometimes its harmless.

Scenerio, they(dfo or dot) phone somewhere and they ask whos a good charter guy out of mcneil and bam someone says your business thats all it takes!!!! the ball starts rolling
if you want to roll the dice and you get caught that would REALLY SUCK</u>if thats a chance you want to take me personally id be to stressed looking over my back all the time.

Good LUCK Wolf

*NEW VIDEO*
I'm sure you will find that enforcement on ALL fronts will be stepped up not just on us, it only takes a few minutes at the dock or on the water to confirm that you are compliant or not.....those new boats can cover a lot of area in a few days... and as far as comments like they say that every year I strongly believe that this "is the year" we have all been hearing about....I wouldn't want to try and get into a SVOP course mid-summer....or what ever other loose ends one has to worry about....as far as McNiell goes ??????????...TC will act on complaints (written)

Kelly from what I have read and been told the BLUE sticker is a self inspection one with no DOT looking at your boat until a later date also no stability test done.

Yellow DOT has inspected it and done a stability test so you have covered ALL grounds and most of the time if they see that they wont even stop you as they now know you have the svop,med3.first aid and the radio because if you dont have all of these you wont get the yellow.
Its there job let them make sure ts all in place if something (god forbid) ever does happen its on them as they were the ones inspecting your boat. And they were the ones to pass it

If some thing happens and you have a blue decal and all your stuff is not in place and the inspect you, well I think you know they will rip you a new a$$hole im sure,

Ill be getting the yellow as well

Good luck Wolf

I'm almost positive the blue sticker is the final on the under 8m vessels.
Over 8m is now subject to a yellow sticker.
Now once again I'm not positive but I've done both in the past and that is what I understood.
Like I've always said...the system is and will continue to be seriuosly confusing and flawed....what else can we expect from the government!

Back