Bleeding salmon on small boat

On my old 16ft double eagle I always had a fish clip/stringer attached to the rear transom rod holder. I would clip the fish in the mouth to prevent it from falling overboard and cut the gills to bleed once its in the motor well (back area where the motor tilts up into) I would leave my fish there and dump ice on top. Since it had a drain hole for water anyways I found that an ideal place to leave the fish till I got back to dock.

Sorry to revive this old thread, but I'm curious about the table/cooler visible behind you. What's the story? I'm looking to build a table for my DE in the same spot, using Scotty mounts. Thanks!

The table I ordered online. Sorry, I can’t remember the name of the company, but they do custom sizes so I had one made to fit the exact size of that space in the splash well.

the mount is a RAM Mount, E size, long arm length.
There’s a ball mounted on the under side of the table, and a ball on the splash well. The beauty of this mounting system is that the table can be swiveled, or moved side to side, or tilted up to make room when the motor is raised, or it can be removed all together.
No tools, just a hand screw. The whole thing is mil-spec and plenty strong. https://www.rammount.com/shop-all/e-size

Last edited:
Back