Black Jack GoPro footage

Wooly

Hey folks,

Its that time of year when fishing vids from the past year is the only way to get my fix. I'm up north and the boats all tucked away in hybernation for the winter. If i was on the island like lots of you I would still be fishing. instead I'm stuck getting excited for next season by watching ppls Vids. Please post your footage when you get a chance. Here is a bit of mine from the past year and a bit. Enjoy……..19mins…. so grab a beer and relax. Use the settings button on the youtube player and throw it on 720 or 1080 for better picture!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-oaCaKX9oQ

Cheers,

Wooly

Awesome stuff wooly...thanks for that...all your footage was $...
Gotta learn how to put my videos to music and to put them together like that...Loved the big Halis and the family shots...right on

Last edited by a moderator:
...great shots;impressive footage...:)

incredible footage and well produced. Thanks for taking the time to share. Winter springs are moving in down here in Victoria and you just motivated me to hurry up on my maintenance program to get out !

Well done,wooly!Looks like you guys have it down for handling and measuring big hallies.What brand is that gaff you
use?I like the configuration of the hook.

Well done,wooly!Looks like you guys have it down for handling and measuring big hallies.What brand is that gaff you
use?I like the configuration of the hook.

Thanks guys, glad you likey.......Gaff is a scotty. you can see 1 float attached on the gaff. It went over and sunk very slowly. I didnt get turned around intime to get it. So i got another and put 3 floats this time lol should be good now.

Didn't realize Scotty made a gaff.Looks good.I'll be picking up one of those for sure.Thanks for the info!

Great footage and thanks for sharing :cool:. Nice to see something like that this time of the year :).

Cool spring on the spreader bar at 8:00 min mark. Are most of the halibut caught while anchored?

I get "this video is not available"
??

I know a few ppl r getting that. from what I know it won't play on a phone, tablet or iPad. not sure why. I'm assuming its something to do with the size of the video. Most people that have had issues playing it, try a computer and have no issues.

Just tried it again off my laptop and no problems :). Thanks again for taking the time to put that together.

Cool spring on the spreader bar at 8:00 min mark. Are most of the halibut caught while anchored?

its just a nice size coho. my buddies old man thought it was a spring at first, thats why he yelled out but it was just a coho. I ended up getting another a couple weeks later. Kinda weird. I have fished for 20 years on the ocean and have never seen it. I have heard of it happening on the way down, or a retrieve but never happened to me ever. Then happened twice this year, right on the bottom, jigging away.

Very nicely put together video, great job Wooly!

Lots of product in the freezer, nice to see the family sharing in the experience.

Back