I'll start...

Garmin® ECHOMAP™ Ultra 106SV GN+GT54 $1299​

Lowrance® HDS LIVE 9 Fishfinder/Chartplotter with Active Imaging 3-in-1 $1330​

Help me decide which to buy!

I'll start...

Garmin® ECHOMAP™ Ultra 106SV GN+GT54 $1299​

Lowrance® HDS LIVE 9 Fishfinder/Chartplotter with Active Imaging 3-in-1 $1330​

Help me decide which to buy!
I've never played around the the Garmin but love my hds live.

I’m running the hds live with 3&1 transducer has been flawless no issues at all I’m very happy with it ready to go out of the box with the built in charts. Haven’t used the garmin so can’t say much about it but they both make solid products.

If any of you guys get new electronics on sale,I'm looking for an older Lowrance that I can put in my project boat that's reasonably priced.It already has the Lowrance wiring and a P66 transducer,so just need the screen.

Just got a raymarine Axiom 9 for under 1k (cad) from the states on sale at west marine
They have some good deals, are you going to team it up with their Flir night vision? It's also on sale :) https://www.westmarine.com/flir-m232-pan-and-tilt-marine-thermal-night-vision-camera-18300368.html

Last edited:
Looks like a 1 speed based on the regular price :(. I was happy to get an Okuma 2 speed on sale last year, to add to my big ol Shimano TLD 2 speeds. Not the quality of the Talica's it seems like the best deals on those is found used during off season in Cali, Florida and Hawaii on vacation.
The price is single speed but the photo is a two speed. They only have single speed talicas on their website. Still a nice reel for the price. I might buy it still if I can buy it online.

Back