Bite Me Derby

We hit Muir Creek and Sheringham today in the Derby. Was a bit slow in the morning but as the tide change hit we took four fish from 12- a whopping 19.5 lbs. Saw a few guys with two or three fish at the tables, mostly in the mid teens. At 430 a 27 was in the lead. Tommorow is another day!Good luck...

Tips Up, How did you make out?

Fished Otter and Muir. Lost 3 and landed a wopping 14 lber. One that we lost was a screemer. The only bite that we saw was mid afternoon at Otter. Saw lots of fish weighed in but nothing big. 32lb was leading when we weighed in at 5:45.

Tomorrow IS another day!!

Tips.

Any one get any Sockeye mixed in today? Any sign of Killer whales around? Heading out tomorrow to fill the boat :)

Oh man, wish we were in the Derby! by 9am. we had a 40lber. and a 25 lber. in the boat! You all ways get the big one when your not in a derby. At the time we heard a 33lbers was in the lead. What did 1'st. place end up being??

oh ya, lots of sockeye out there especially at the 500 to 600 ft line. Caught one that had some fresh massive whale bites in the hind section, still put on a good fight. Friend of mine fishing at the 600 ft line caught a 22 spring , go figure.

Fished the Trap Sunday. Got a 24.5lb early and that was it.
Won a nice stainless steel crab trap for it so that was OK.

Sounds like Secretary/ Posession Point was hot on Sunday Morning. I saw a couple of boats with limits from there! Saturday there were fish coming from there also. Ebb Tide. It is tough to fish there in the fog though.

Over all I did not see a lot of fish caught over the weekend but it was pretty foggy so you could not see many other boats. Fish were at all different depths. We hit 1 at 110 ft and another at 38 ft. There were a decent number of fish brought in. 37lb winner and I think 5 fish over 30lb. My 24 was 35th and the top 100 were 19lb or better.
Biggest bottom fish was a 23lb ling! Ugly!!

Tons of bait in the water. Reports of lots of sockeye if you were in the right place.

Great weather and a good time.

Tips

Back