Biolite stoves

Sculpin

Well I have never heard of them before I took my buddy Marc out deer hunting last weekend. We had lunch on the tail gait of the truck using his new BioLite stove. These things are pretty impressive to say the least. They would work great if one had a dry source of wood lol. It took a bit to get going with the stuff we could find on that rainy day.

Starting it up and cutting up some cedar chunks we found.

The unit has a build in fan that is run by a battery. They battery is charged by the thermo generator built into the unit. That is right a thermo generator!!!

The unit once going charges the battery continuously. They apparently were built for off the grid houses in Africa and India where they cook by fire most of the time. The fan in these units creates so much more heat than just a regular fire and when they get going there is almost no smoke.

It really puts out the heat once going.

The real kicker to this thermo generating stove is the USB port..........yes I said USB port built into the unit for charging up your cell phone or handheld GPS etc. Pretty wild stuff. All from lighting a fire. The battery is reported to have thousands of hours of life before needing replacing.

Here is a short video of the stove in use (click the pic for the vid).

Anyway's thought I would share this pretty impressive piece of kit with you folks if you haven't heard of them.

You can check them out here.......http://www.biolitestove.com/

Cheers,
John

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty cool, I see they have an xmas package deal on
I think I may put one on my list to Santa

Pretty cool,skulpin. I can see why these would be so popular in third world countries. Hope they get a better deal on
em than us over here. $130.00 just for the stove without attachments. Ouch!!

Back