Big Winter Spring!

Guy got a 20 the day before too! Guy must have skill...and horseshoes wedged somewhere...

Think that was at least 6 weeks ago now.

The fish was caught yesterday in the morning right beside me. He had a great fight and I knew it was going to be a large fish. When we got back to Cheanuh Marina we were told it was 25 lb. There were a few other fish around but overall it was a slow day - missed 2 good fish ourselves and released a half dozen 2 - 4 lb. shakers, no keepers.

...Rob

Rob,

Thank you for a good little story. Happy lucky angler got a beauty 25 lbs spring!

Keep try your best, you will get some nice size spring this year!

a few big winter springs around that are fatting up at this time of year........lucky guys get them on right lures!

There is a run of huge springs that spawn in a creek almost on the Alberta border near Valemont. They return at up to 70 lbs. Almost to the end of the Frazer river.

There are some chinook off Victoria right now that are different from the standard, rich red meat winter springs. They are solid/thick and are marbled. 2 of 3 hatch springs that went in the box were like that. All the heads went in the drop box so hopefully they are tagged. I would be very interested to hear meet colour of that big guy.

Tete Jaune are both whites and reds. Did some egg takes there years ago. they swim over 1300 km from the mouth of the frazer to tete jaune creek.

There is a run of huge springs that spawn in a creek almost on the Alberta border near Valemont. They return at up to 70 lbs. Almost to the end of the Frazer river.

You've confirmed a question I asked myself after driving north of Kamloops to Jasper 2 years ago after visiting the Adams river run.
That is so unbelievable how for these fish will instinctually travel!

Back