Bib Pants For Fishing

I'm bookmarking this so when mine wear out, I'll know where to look.
Helly Hansen Highliner rubber pants. I've used a few bits from their patch kit and had my wife make me some new shoulder straps once the originals lost their stretch. Mine are 27 years old.

IMG_2261.JPG I have yellow rubber Hellys for serious fishing. But for comfort and price I'm pretty pleased with my frogg toggs. Been a few years now and for something like $160 they are great. Don't get me wrong the yellow Hellys are indestructible but on a nice warmish day the frogg toggs with a pair of shorts are prettty awesome.

I'm bookmarking this so when mine wear out, I'll know where to look.
Helly Hansen Highliner rubber pants. I've used a few bits from their patch kit and had my wife make me some new shoulder straps once the originals lost their stretch. Mine are 27 years old.
I think if you have had them 27 years......your memory is excellent and they might last a bit more

depending how much / how hard you fish , i feel that the simms pro dry are worth every penny , great pocket placement , velcro where needed , and 6 years with full northern guiding seasons under their belts with no leaks and gortex still dry as ever .

I think if you have had them 27 years......your memory is excellent and they might last a bit more
I just know what year I went back to a commercial boat after years away. I've been going to the garage to get supplies for a paint and baseboard upgrade and forgetting what I went for, so no, memory is not a strength.
Mine are just like your yellows, but green.

I go with the," Viking Journeyman" , Helly's , in the slickers for heavy duty , or for medium duty Pioneers nylon blend or "Wet Skins", either option does not break the bank and last depending on the application. Best Regards

I could use a lighter set up for warm weather,I've got the heavy Helly-Hansons.Where is the best place to buy them ,Simms or Grundons? I'd also like a good pair of waterproof slip on boots just for the boat.Anybody know of some comfortable short boots,not just flat bottom type?

I could use a lighter set up for warm weather,I've got the heavy Helly-Hansons.Where is the best place to buy them ,Simms or Grundons? I'd also like a good pair of waterproof slip on boots just for the boat.Anybody know of some comfortable short boots,not just flat bottom type?
Picked these up at a shoe store in Hillside mall (Vic) a few years back. They sure fit big usually 10.5 but lots of room in 9.5 felt insoles fit well.

Attachments

• 20201106_161219.jpg
    20201106_161219.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 20201106_161245.jpg
    20201106_161245.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 72
These are an excellent value IMO:

https://www.underarmour.ca/en-ca/p/...b/1327478.html?start=0&breadCrumbLast=Fishing

I also use Sims and they are also excellent.
Do you actually have the Under Armour's? I checked the pants out at Cabela's today. Look nice and light which is what I would want. Just curious how waterproof they actually are. Do they hold up to a crappy day on the water? I know that "waterproof" doesn't mean waterproof and Goretex is just a brand that they throw on rain jackets but they are not all created equal.

Best bet for Simms is to ask nicely if your fishing guide buddy will buy on your behalf using his/her pro deal.

Do you actually have the Under Armour's? I checked the pants out at Cabela's today. Look nice and light which is what I would want. Just curious how waterproof they actually are. Do they hold up to a crappy day on the water? I know that "waterproof" doesn't mean waterproof and Goretex is just a brand that they throw on rain jackets but they are not all created equal.
I have tried many bibs in my guiding career. Most do not stand up in my experience. By far the best I have is the Under Armour. So much so I have 2 pairs so I can wash one pair and still have the other pair so I don't miss a day. They are super light and easy to wear. I normally wear shorts under them and stay plenty warm and dry. So far 2 guiding seasons, no issues.

I have tried many bibs in my guiding career. Most do not stand up in my experience. By far the best I have is the Under Armour. So much so I have 2 pairs so I can wash one pair and still have the other pair so I don't miss a day. They are super light and easy to wear. I normally wear shorts under them and stay plenty warm and dry. So far 2 guiding seasons, no issues.
Thanks for the reply. That’s good to know. I’m not sure about the design on the jacket but good to know that it is good product. I wish the jacket had more basic colours like the pants do. The person at under armour should be fired for that colour scheme haha. So now my decision is between using my buddies guide discount on Simms pro gear or the under armour gear that will still be cheaper than the Simms with discount haha. Maybe I’ll do the UA bibs and a Simms jacket that matches better.

Attachments

• 6C7232C3-EACF-4DDD-9E5B-490FF897A358.png
    6C7232C3-EACF-4DDD-9E5B-490FF897A358.png
    582.8 KB · Views: 59
I have a Mustang jacket which matches fairly well and is great - 2 seasons no issues on that either. The only thing is the zipper sticks sometimes which is annoying. I just like the UA bib, comfortable and light weight design so I don't heat up on warm days. Just wash off the blood because if you leave it to cake on, there will be stains given the light colour. I'm sure there is probably some product out there that won't damage the Gore Tex, but I have just been cleaning with standard dish soap that I use to clean my boat decks.

CDN $225 with free shipping at amazon.ca....wow... I may buy another!!

https://www.amazon.ca/Under-Armour-...mour+fishing&qid=1604887829&sr=8-4&th=1&psc=1

Thanks for the reply. That’s good to know. I’m not sure about the design on the jacket but good to know that it is good product. I wish the jacket had more basic colours like the pants do. The person at under armour should be fired for that colour scheme haha. So now my decision is between using my buddies guide discount on Simms pro gear or the under armour gear that will still be cheaper than the Simms with discount haha. Maybe I’ll do the UA bibs and a Simms jacket that matches better.

I think I’m going to order up some Helly Hansen’s for my first pair, first responders or health care professionals RN for me, are able to get 50% off regular price if you send in a pay statement and jump through the hoop.

Viking are good and I used GUUL last season and they were great.
Go see the boyz at Harbour Chandler, they should have some NOS for a good deal

Back