Best Trailer Brand, Price and Dealer

Nothing wrong with Roadrunner. Like anything you dip in salt.......**** breaks. I’ve had one for 12 years and never had any major issues other than maintenance. In fact, I keep hoping my drum brakes give up the ghost so I can swap out to disk. They just keep working flawlessly. Now, I wash my trailer down with fresh water every time I dip it. I’m pretty sure there’s a correlation.
I'm with you. Nothing wrong with a Roadrunner Trailer. Mine is a 1987 and still going strong. Brakes need to be replaced fron time to time like any other trailer.

Geez, I guess I'm lucky.
I got you beat Terrin!
My 1970's Roadrunner trailer that came with my boat is still going strong. Oh sure, she is showing her age!! But mechanically sound due to regular maintenace and repairs on my part. I tow to the Island a couple times a year from Burnaby and have no concerns about it. Key is maintenance, maintenance, maintenance.

Damn, my first new trailer and now I find out they're no good ?
guess I better take it back...
Lol !!
I hope you have better luck with yours! I washed and rinsed mine after every launch and it didnt stop parts from braking and rusting out in the first year I owned it. When you pay almost 8 grand for a brand new trailer you expect to get at least a few years out of it before you have to start replacing everything. I think the older ones were built a lot better, I’ve had a number of older ones from the 90’s that were still going strong.

Most people forget about the trailer until it breaks , they are all for the most part good if you maintain them disc ,drum doesn't matter.
Even the best most expensive trailer going will be a pile of junk if it's not maintained, especially in the salt.

How many times have you seen a boat trailer with a wheel off on the side of the road.

Buy a reputable brand replace parts before they fail and you won't be stuck on the side of the road

Most people forget about the trailer until it breaks , they are all for the most part good if you maintain them disc ,drum doesn't matter.
Even the best most expensive trailer going will be a pile of junk if it's not maintained, especially in the salt.

How many times have you seen a boat trailer with a wheel off on the side of the road.

Buy a reputable brand replace parts before they fail and you won't be stuck on the side of the road

100%.

Also make certain that any trailer you are considering to be able to carry the load properly. That includes axles, springs, brakes, rubber, etc. Many manufacturers under size the trailer to the load in order to keep the cost down. Spend the cash up front, look after it and it will look after you!

100%.

I agree with the GVW being the key buy a bit more than you need, extra fuel , Ice, water, gear thrown into the boat going out on a trip adds up fast .
Bigger bearings, spindles , wheels, springs on the next size up is not a bad idea at all .
You don't need an 8000 lb trailer for a 5000 lb boat but a 6500 would be a good size

Another Karavan here , just a single axle for a 19’ but it does what it’s suppose to do with no issues

I ordered an aluminum Tuff trailer for a boat I’m having built. Tuff has aluminum calipers and pistons, which should extend the life of the parts that tend to fail the most. I’d be curious to hear any reviews of their longevity.

I ordered an aluminum Tuff trailer for a boat I’m having built. Tuff has aluminum calipers and pistons, which should extend the life of the parts that tend to fail the most. I’d be curious to hear any reviews of their longevity.

I’d be paying extra attention to any type of aluminum brake parts. Just me though!

Had a galvanized road runner sportsman roller trailer for 21 years no issues just changed bearings regularly
Now have a Karavan W / New galvanized drum brake kits, electric over Hyd. conversion no issues

Back