Best power choice for 26 Commander

Subscribed to this thread as I am considering the removal of the single 320hp Volvo in my 26' Hourston. It has a new dual prop leg and when that was installed I moved from an F5 to an F3 prop set which made it very efficient and fast to plane. I was looking at a single 300HP verado and keeping my 9.9 yami but I think there is an argument to be made on both sides, for and against twins. Hourston rigged a few of these boats with twin 175HP 2 strokes so the torque was there...my guess what might work best is a pair of 200's. The boat is about 7,000 lbs or so and having a pair of twins back there in the Straits sounds good to me on a number of levels.

OP who are you going to have build your pod? Thanks.

Subscribed to this thread as I am considering the removal of the single 320hp Volvo in my 26' Hourston. It has a new dual prop leg and when that was installed I moved from an F5 to an F3 prop set which made it very efficient and fast to plane. I was looking at a single 300HP verado and keeping my 9.9 yami but I think there is an argument to be made on both sides, for and against twins. Hourston rigged a few of these boats with twin 175HP 2 strokes so the torque was there...my guess what might work best is a pair of 200's. The boat is about 7,000 lbs or so and having a pair of twins back there in the Straits sounds good to me on a number of levels.

OP who are you going to have build your pod? Thanks.
Stamp falls fabrication I think is who ill use. There is another guy that was recommended to me but I haven't talked to him yet.

Cheers and thanks, I will be watching the build out for sure...I need to go to Coombs in the next while so I will reach out to the folks at Stamp Falls to go by for a visit. Being on the mainland I am not exactly finding what I am after in terms of a builder so this is likely heading to the Island.

Back