Best of luck to all...

If you are in Calgary, I have one I might be interested in letting go
Hi Rob I think if you want a stay onboard boat for 4 you should go bigger as mentioned.
I think a 26 is a minimum up to a 30 footer would be a better choice than the 2359. Ours is great for my wife , the dog and I to sleep on the boat we can stay out 5-6 days no problem .

Having 4-8 on the boat during the day is fine running around fishing and touring in my opinion it would be too tight trying to stay on the boat with 4 adults doable but for only a night or 2 .

When we have our Kids with us extra family we rent a house with a dock and go out on the boat for the day we have had 8 on the boat fishing but everyone has a job and a spot so it works for us.

3 on deck watching rods running gear 1 or 2 at the helm watching the sounder 2 - 3 at the table 1 floater we all had fun.
Mike

Hi Rob I think if you want a stay onboard boat for 4 you should go bigger as mentioned.
I think a 26 is a minimum up to a 30 footer would be a better choice than the 2359. Ours is great for my wife , the dog and I to sleep on the boat we can stay out 5-6 days no problem .

Having 4-8 on the boat during the day is fine running around fishing and touring in my opinion it would be too tight trying to stay on the boat with 4 adults doable but for only a night or 2 .

When we have our Kids with us extra family we rent a house with a dock and go out on the boat for the day we have had 8 on the boat fishing but everyone has a job and a spot so it works for us.

3 on deck watching rods running gear 1 or 2 at the helm watching the sounder 2 - 3 at the table 1 floater we all had fun.
Mike
he needs to be able to pull with a half ton p/u

Ya, my wife and I are willing to go to $45,000 for the right one, I think that will get us into a nice unit. I think they stopped making them in 2009 if I am not mistaking...
If you’re spending up to $45K then why don’t you check out the Seaswirl 2301 or 2601 w the Alaska package Hardtop w glass all around upto the hardtop w heat and windshield defogger 5.7 Volvo Penta marinized separate coolant system w heat exchanger. The hull is heavier and thicker gel coat and design are a stepup from the Trophy . It has a deeper V 23* for heavier water conditions when the strait blows.

If you’re spending up to $45K then why don’t you check out the Seaswirl 2301 or 2601 w the Alaska package Hardtop w glass all around upto the hardtop w heat and windshield defogger 5.7 Volvo Penta marinized separate coolant system w heat exchanger. The hull is heavier and thicker gel coat and design are a stepup from the Trophy . It has a deeper V 23* for heavier water conditions when the strait blows.
If you can find one in this market for 45k pls share

I was disappointed with the room of the Campion Explorer 622 and my wife really felt cramped so I have changed my search to the Trophy 2359. Willing to spend upwards to $35,000 ish.

-I/O 5.0EFI or 5.7EFI
-Brovo 3 dual prop
-no bottom paint preferred
-correctly sized trailer
- with pulpit
I think a decent one would cost you $45k ish now... COVID pricing.

I think a decent one would cost you $45k ish.
Yes I believe so, is that including $10-$15k for Covid pricing or should be add to that $45? :)

Yes I believe so, is that including $10-$15k for Covid pricing or should be add to that $45? :)
If you limit your self to a 1/2 ton towable, I can’t see going over 8000 lbs towing against the wind through the mountains with your gear and passengers.
My boat 2359 loaded going west is at least 7800 lbs.on the trailer that’s rated for 8200 lbs max weight.
I have 450/500 lbs. tongue weight on the truck and usually another 800 lbs of gear or so , plus passengers on my 3/4 ton diesel, so you will be limited if you want a sleep on board boat with a 1/2 ton in my opinion.
I believe you need to stay under your tow rating by at least 10% if your towing in the wind or in the mountains .
Hope you find what your looking for.

If you limit your self to a 1/2 ton towable, I can’t see going over 8000 lbs towing against the wind through the mountains with your gear and passengers.
My boat 2359 loaded going west is at least 7800 lbs.on the trailer that’s rated for 8200 lbs max weight.
I have 450/500 lbs. tongue weight on the truck and usually another 800 lbs of gear or so , plus passengers on my 3/4 ton diesel, so you will be limited if you want a sleep on board boat with a 1/2 ton in my opinion.
I believe you need to stay under your tow rating by at least 10% if your towing in the wind or in the mountains .
Hope you find what your looking for.
Agreed Mike! I think I am back to the Campion if I want to spend an overnight and 1/2 ton towable... can't have it all :( , I am probably dreaming with the Trophy 2359 and to find a 2359 under $40k right now, Good Luck!

Agreed Mike! I think I am back to the Campion if I want to spend an overnight and 1/2 ton towable... can't have it all :( , I am probably dreaming with the Trophy 2359.
The 622 sleeps 2 well for several nights. 3 or 4 in a pinch for 1 or 2 nights. I looked at the 2359 and was disappointed it didn't have a better head arrangement.

Agreed Mike! I think I am back to the Campion if I want to spend an overnight and 1/2 ton towable... can't have it all :( , I am probably dreaming with the Trophy 2359.
I think a 2359 would be the max with a 1/2 ton but you will have cabin fever pretty quick with 4 adults after 2 nights at least I would if on the hook, tied to the dock would be a bit easier but I would rather rent a house with a dock or leave it in the marina.
for the odd night or 2 with 3- 4 it would be fine perfect for you and your wife
buy a 28 if you want need to sleep 4 and stay on the boat rent a truck

I think a 2359 would be the max with a 1/2 ton but you will have cabin fever pretty quick with 4 adults after 2 nights at least I would if on the hook, tied to the dock would be a bit easier but I would rather rent a house with a dock or leave it in the marina.
for the odd night or 2 with 3- 4 it would be fine perfect for you and your wife
buy a 28 if you want need to sleep 4 and stay on the boat rent a truck
Hey Mike, ya I get it, overnights will only ever be two, no more! The Campion is a bit smaller for sleep boards but definitely doable and keeps the tow rating in check with the 1/2 ton. I am just very concerned that if I pay these outrageous prices and the tides turn this fall or even next summer, I will never see that over paid Covid tax money again, normal depreciation is one thing but... by by 10-15k of Covid money...lol

Life is going buy, the ocean isn’t getting any better. I bought a boat. Paid a lot. Helps my mental health being on the water. Bite the bullet. No boat is perfect. Every one I have owned had things I liked and didn’t but the 25 years of memories are priceless. Just my 2 cents after following your threads.

I am also a new crew member, all part of my addiction. More guys should support the site that we all enjoy.

7D47A27E-9841-447D-ADA0-AA25EE68BDE7.jpeg

Last edited:
Life is going buy, the ocean isn’t getting any better. I bought a boat. Paid a lot. Helps my mental health being on the water. Bite the bullet. No boat is perfect. Every one I have owned had things I liked and didn’t but the 25 years of memories are priceless. Just my 2 cents after following your threads.

I am also a new crew member, all part of my addiction. More guys should support the site that we all enjoy.

View attachment 65819
That is awesome! Thank you @RevyG and welcome to the forum :)

Hey Mike, ya I get it, overnights will only ever be two, no more! The Campion is a bit smaller for sleep boards but definitely doable and keeps the tow rating in check with the 1/2 ton. I am just very concerned that if I pay these outrageous prices and the tides turn this fall or even next summer, I will never see that over paid Covid tax money again, normal depreciation is one thing but... by by 10-15k of Covid money...lol
The Campion is way smaller I have been on both parked side by side .

I look at it in another way , every year we make a memory on the boat.
Going forward I will never get my time back, so the memories are here and now the cost will work it self out .
I look at the cost of the boat depreciation as the cost of a vacation .
If we to go to a lodge fishing it would cost my wife and I 5000 -7000 for a week pretty quick so I can put that towards running my own boat and I take my kids and family along we rent accommodation.

So buy one enjoy the time you have because things can change quick.

View attachment 65819
Your too right life is smoking along have fun when ever you can

Back