Best Music Covers

“Righteously” a great Lucinda Williams song covered by Anna Ash. Ash nails it.

Checkout the background.

Not a cover, because no one could cover Dick Dale

I saw Dick Dale at the Yale a few years before he died.

Interesting audience.

Amazing show. $20.00

From the 2012 tribute album Remachined, a series of covers to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Deep Purple's Machine Head album. The opening organ solo really captures Jon Lord's trademark B3/Leslie sound. And Barnsie can sing a bit.

I grew up with a drummer in my family (my younger brother) and of course once in a band they always practice at the drummers place as they are the worst instrument to move around...so always loud live music at the family home. Then my son took up the drums and dejavu all over again at our place with the band crew practicing here. Covid slowed them down but they played a few Saturday nights ago up in Port Alberni...looks like they had fun.

The bands name is a funny story. My best friend is a
life long musician and has fronted a few successful bands both in Sask where he grew up (Rosetta Rugby band) and several here including the Rhythm Toads of the Harpo’s era and more recently the Consenting Adults and Midlife Crisis. My son came down to the Talky Ho late one night to see a set of the Consenting Adukts. Bill was on a break and saw my son and bis friends walk in. Brett asked Bill how it was going? People don’t stay late at the Talky so the room empties out significantly for the last set. Bill said your just in time for a great Furniture Party…referring to mostly empty chairs and tables. Hence the name.

Playing for Change

The Late Great Roger Ridley ( Playing for Change) I have been looking for a copy of his sold on the street CD's for a few years now.

Back