Best Music Covers

Went last Saturday night to the movie with a group of 8 of us who all went in 1980 to the first Queen tour. Vancouver was the first stop on the tour and tickets were $10.

My wife saw them in 1977 in Vancouver.
ticket price was $7.00
inflation has really affected live music tickets.

Not much money in the album business, so they make by touring. Used to be tour to promote the album.

Great cover Pro.Funny I've never heard of these guys and I'm watching the guitar player just killing it and I say to myself "gee that guy looks and plays like Joe Satriani"so I google Chickenfoot.DUH.Hell of a lot of talent on that stage from some great bands.Thanks for introducing me to them.

If you know Metalica and you like bluegrass this is a group called ironhorse. They only do covers of common rock translated to blue grass. The metalica album this song come from was translated in its entirety.

On another note this is a interesting tool cover done by some young inspiring musicians. it has 18 million views:

Oppps. I see this now is a re-post. Still worth a watch.

Last edited:
Great thread. I sometimes pull these youtube tracks down in a MP3 for my collection.

There are some real funny songs done by a guy called Scuzz Twittly...not appropriate for posting here but search for him on youtube. He has a dozen or so songs...3 or 4 are funny as hell. Song titles to look for are No Gag Relex, Anita Beer, Keep Your Hands of my PBR and F The Pittsburgh Steelers

Last edited:
Gotta see the Foo Fighters and hope to see this!!! Awesome!

Love covers! Im a rock/metal guy but love all music really. This Simple Man cover by Shinedown will make you tingle, his voice is unreal and they do justice to one of the greatest rocks songs of all time.

Corey Taylor of Slipknot/Stonesour fame does a great version of wicked game

This cover by the Atari's really stays true to the original sound but they add an intense energy that gets me really riled up.

Possibly my favorite band Avenged Sevenfold covering another legendary tune, but the lead guitarist Synyster Gates adds his new orleans influenced 12 string touch, love it or not, its a good cover as well.

and lastly for now, another really great rock cover by Five Finger Death Punch. They add a distortion punch to the song that I appreciate. Bad Company, by the band Bad Company... from the album... Bad Company. Sorry I always got a kick out of that one lol.

Enjoy!

Back