Berry's Bait & Tackle for sale

Hopefully someone buys and will keep running it like it has been run. Great tackle shop so few good ones on the lower mainland especially since Nikka is gone and Steveston Marine is problematic.

It’s going to be about the land and location, sad.

Hopefully someone buys and will keep running it like it has been run. Great tackle shop so few good ones on the lower mainland especially since Nikka is gone and Steveston Marine is problematic.

Yup, been for sale for I think for at least 8 months. Talked with the owners last April and they were done.
Our conversion was mostly about the concerns with the fisheries, emotionally upset for sure and soon after I happen to see the business for sale. Not much as mentioned left with Nikia and SH leaving the south side. PNT ,Bass Pro shop and thats about it.

Do you think it’s still a viable business with the way most fisheries are going? I don’t

Maybe the gov people should see this as real hard evidence what the crap they pull is doing to local businesses.... Retirement or not, I can say with 100% certainty that during nonretention I am not buying any new gear... Hell, I am holding off on a few expensive boat projects and upgrades until they announce announce in June what the hell they decide on doing with the regs.

Do you think it’s still a viable business with the way most fisheries are going? I don’t
Last I was in there it was prime time-second Saturday before Xmas-4 staff on the floor and 1 customer (not me I was there for another reason and will never ever go back).

If Berry’s closes I will be almost forced to buy all my salt water gear online or make a trip downtown. It was already a bit of a pain to go out to Berry’s.

These closures are not unexpected I know these guys were basically down to making money every 4 years for the sockeye bonanza.

I thought it was crazy when Fred was opening another shop. I guess it pays well to be close to the vedder.

While places like Berrys and Pacific Angler do not even come close to having good prices and I can get much cheaper online, I am usually happy to pay their prices because the help and info they give me is often priceless. Sad to see these local companies go but I also am not shocked.

NGOs and tree hugger organizations do not bring in a single cent towards our economy nor do they supply jobs nor do they promote tourism. Tourists pay big bucks to come to our beautiful province in order to fish(not catch and release), to whale watch etc... Tons of direct and indirect business and people's livihoods are wasting away.

The boys at Berry’s have been at it a long time. I don’t doubt they want to retire from the business to enjoy some of the finer things in life while they still can. Just have to think about Ivan.
No doubt they are pulling the plug a little early given the circumstances surrounding the industry. I say good on them and thanks for everything.
I met Scott Baker-McGarva there when he was working for them. I owe all my steelheading success to that guy.
Tight lines to the role at Berry’s.

I frequented Berry's quite a bit. Good selection of various items and sturgeon bait. Scotty stock was great. They were helpful and friendly, but I do know they were increasingly bitter on the salmon front. Also had an employee stealing from them a few years ago. I suspect somebody will buy the land, it would take the right person to buy the business, with a very doubtful future. Pacific Angler and PNT will benefit from Berry's departure, both are quality operations and I enjoy going to both of those stores.

Anyone else remember Ivan walking the Number 5 Rd bar by the manmade sanddune on the South Arm, selling bar rigs, dew worms, single eggs, and roe like a Fuller brush salesman.
Our moms wouldn't let us ride to the river until we were 10. After that we were there at least 30 days per summer until we all got summer jobs after 9th grade. Chub, suckers, staghorn sculpins, and small sturgeon turned to dollies, cohos and the odd spring once we switched to eggs or roe. There was a corner store at 5 and Steveston where we could get a dozen wieners and buns for 2 bucks- bon fires, cliff jumping the sand piles, no phones. I used to skip school at UBC to fish for cohos in the fall there even though I lived in Kits by then. Had to stop at Berry's for roe.

The boys at Berry’s have been at it a long time. I don’t doubt they want to retire from the business to enjoy some of the finer things in life while they still can. Just have to think about Ivan.
No doubt they are pulling the plug a little early given the circumstances surrounding the industry. I say good on them and thanks for everything.
I met Scott Baker-McGarva there when he was working for them. I owe all my steelheading success to that guy.
Tight lines to the role at Berry’s.
I wish a happy retirement to my long time friends at Berry’s. It was a great run......

I too wish all the folks at Berry's the best in their prospective sale and retirement.

I always enjoyed shopping and bs'ing in that shop. Great people IMHO.

Back