Cabin in Port Renfrew

Wow, should of bought one a few years back, return on investment over a short period is insane, can’t remember exact numbers but I think they where low 300k back when I looked at them

Wow, should of bought one a few years back, return on investment over a short period is insane, can’t remember exact numbers but I think they where low 300k back when I looked at them
Should have just bought it last year according to sales history. Now asking 949,900
Sales history (last 3 full calendar years)

Jan 18, 2021$504,761

Should have just bought it last year according to sales history. Now asking 949,900
Sales history (last 3 full calendar years)

Jan 18, 2021$504,761
They should have listed last month. Friends tried holding offers until this Monday on an ”affordable” townhouse in Victoria, they had no offers. The market may have turned. I had a realtor stop and solicit me cause my boat was in the driveway and try and sell me on his renfrew development at the start of this movie market run and said I could sell my house for crazy numbers. I still can't see the numbers working on these million dollar renfrew properties. Beautiful spot, but like many boats its a stretch what people are asking.

We bought in the first phase about 12 years ago when it was the same as a truck and fifth wheel in cost roughly so it made sense to us at the time. It just sort of took off from there. This place would be phase 3 or at least that's how I see it. They were offered from the low to high 300's from what I remember. Then phase 4 and 5 and now the footprint is complete for this spot I believe. I'm glad prices have gone up as an owner obviously but we bought it to use it so the kids can decide what to do with it when I'm gone....lol As far as @kaelc comments. Believe me I agree but I also have been saying that for the last 12 years as it has expanded. To be honest other than my other 2 neighbor's next to and in front of me I don't know of anyone that fishes or even has a boat even. I think it's a different market of owners and not at all why we bought out there. Time will tell I guess. Just thought I'd post it to help them out but hate to see them leave. The type of neighbor's you'd like to keep! lol

We bought in the first phase about 12 years ago when it was the same as a truck and fifth wheel in cost roughly so it made sense to us at the time. It just sort of took off from there. This place would be phase 3 or at least that's how I see it. They were offered from the low to high 300's from what I remember. Then phase 4 and 5 and now the footprint is complete for this spot I believe. I'm glad prices have gone up as an owner obviously but we bought it to use it so the kids can decide what to do with it when I'm gone....lol As far as @kaelc comments. Believe me I agree but I also have been saying that for the last 12 years as it has expanded. To be honest other than my other 2 neighbor's next to and in front of me I don't know of anyone that fishes or even has a boat even. I think it's a different market of owners and not at all why we bought out there. Time will tell I guess. Just thought I'd post it to help them out but hate to see them leave. The type of neighbor's you'd like to keep! lol
Yeah, good investment so far and looks like lots of people with more money than me agree!

Ya lots of hikers, nature lovers. Not all about fishing. Good for you, you bought one, never in my life I would of taught one of those would flip for close to a million. I will show my wife tonight, she told me back when we where looking at those it would be a bad investment, sort of like a boat lol. We looked at several properties in renfrew and we taught they where all over priced back then, guess we where wrong. Time will tell but for now seems to be a money maker.

They should have listed last month. Friends tried holding offers until this Monday on an ”affordable” townhouse in Victoria, they had no offers. The market may have turned. I had a realtor stop and solicit me cause my boat was in the driveway and try and sell me on his renfrew development at the start of this movie market run and said I could sell my house for crazy numbers. I still can't see the numbers working on these million dollar renfrew properties. Beautiful spot, but like many boats its a stretch what people are asking.
Not sure about Victoria, but here in Langley the market is still going strong, not as good as last year, but things are selling fast, in my little area when one goes up for sale, sells within a week over asking price, builders are bldg them by the thousands in this area and they all sell out before construction even start, all the old propriety with acreage are being bought out and condo and townhouse are going up, 6-7 hundred k for a condo, insanely overpriced IMO. Crazy times

We have rented different cabins there a couple of times, such a great setup with the boat down in the marina. Long wanted to invest there in one, but wasn't able to convince my wife it was the right place for a couple of reasons, and look at them now. Good on ya @ReelSlim.

We have rented different cabins there a couple of times, such a great setup with the boat down in the marina. Long wanted to invest there in one, but wasn't able to convince my wife it was the right place for a couple of reasons, and look at them now. Good on ya @ReelSlim.

It just sort of worked out for us and it wasn't ever meant to be some great investment plan...lol When we lived on the Island we camped and fished in that area a lot. The year we moved out of province those places were just a sign on the side of the road. I told my wife I wanted invest money into something.....on the Island down south somewhere. She was all worried about it at the time. After the first summer in the place she had a great time and asked me if there was any regrets? I told her "Yes" we should of bought two places! She laughed at the time. However anytime I have wanted to invest in certain things she is on-board....lol

We looked when my buddy bought back in 2014 and they were priced at 350k. We looked at one on the water but just didn't have the cash then. Should have bought into one of the smaller condo/townhouses when phase 3-4 were being built. Those units are a revolving door of rentals and i think there are some owners who rent 365 days a year and have no intention to even stay there ? So we did buy a place for a good price last summer as i got a tip from a friend. Not at Westcoast cottages but it is waterfront. Anyone who knows or spends time in Renny knows there is not a lot of waterfront property and without that view of the bay i wouldn't have bought. I don't even have to fish as the view and scenery are second to none. It will be interesting to see what this unit goes for ? Nice place and first class all the way !!

Back