BC PST on Used Boats

P

PW_Homer

I guess everyone whom has not paid will soon get a bill as myself and a few others I know recieved a notice to pay. If you regged your k number or BC number they will find you. I guess they have to pay for the Olympics some how. I bought mine 2 years ago and just recieved a notice. My question is the person I purchased it from bought it/imported it from the USA 2 months before I purchased from him and he already paid the PST at that time. Do I have to pay the PST again. I know if the boat was from BC I would have to pay.

Thanks

I just bought a used BC boat, and paid the PST on the value of the trailer at the insurance agent. Then went to the "Service Canada" place to register the K#. They told me I could either pay them the pst on the boat, or wait and CRA will bill me.........I said I'd wait......

quote:Originally posted by LastChance

You pay the PST every time you buy and sell a boat. Send in a copy of a reciept with the PST amount from the time.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

If you are buying a used boat that comes with a trailer and other "boat items" such as VHF Radio, Radar, Depth Sounder,anchor, dock lines, fenders, crab traps etc., then get the seller to give you a receipt for the boat, one for the trailer, and one for the boat items as a seperate sale. It will save you money in the BC PST as you will only have to pay on the boat and the trailer when you register them, but not on any of the boat items.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

Exactly Sushi, best to break things up on the receipts. In the past, when I bought my last boat, we would take care of the sales tax at Canada Customs when the K was changed over.

BC bring cash.:D

IMG_1445.jpg

what a scam or hole tax system is. the tax has all ready been paid on that item. why should it be paid every time it has sold. same a the gst the tax has already been paid on that good. but every time it changes hands it has to be paid ago.

Yep, they just nailed me too and I also bought my boat two years ago.

To add insult to injury, I already sold that boat and bought another one, so I have to pay tax for a boat I don't even have anymore.

My second boat I bought from a dealer so I paid the tax to them at that time.

Back