BC Provincial Election-I Voted Already

Interesting to see the map of BC for election ridings and see how the election results show NDP for the most part on the Coast and Kootenays (coffee drinking, dope growing, welfare collecting, NIMBY central (sorry Pippen, Sculpin and others, could not resist...:D:p) the Libs are in the south, central interior and NE, where most of the Resourse Jobs are located. Maybe the No Down Payment group should have come out and actually met with the back bone of this province. Not sure, but I never heard Dix come up here and mix with the people who supply 65% of the royalties for this province. If he did come up here, it was not well publisized, CC was here three times, including a trip to Fort Nelly and it was all over the place.

Resourse extraction runs the provincial economy, not sure what we would do without it and still not sure how the NDP was going to keep this province alive without it:confused:. Now if we could just get rid of IPP's, Site C and Fish farms, things would be great(er).

Cheers

SS

Hahahaha......no need to apologize to me Ken!!! My riding went "red"....but interesting to see the map from Globe and Mail.

Now.....Sculpin's on that big orange island....you may have just poked the bear! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Resourse extraction runs the provincial economy, not sure what we would do without it and still not sure how the NDP was going to keep this province alive without it:confused:. Now if we could just get rid of IPP's, Site C and Fish farms, things would be great(er).

Cheers

SS[/QUOTE]

As for "Site C" would it not be prudent ot look at building natural gas electrical generation plants to supply the power they need up North for these LNG plants, after all they are bringing in the gas.

I know some will argue about the increase in the provincial carbon footprint, from these plants but I am not sure which would be more harmful in the long run.

It just seems to me if we use gas they have to build their own plant it cost the taxpayer nothing and the excess power would automatically go into the power grid. If not natural gas I would much rather see upgrades to existing hydro electric dams even if it costs more

Hahahaha......no need to apologize to me Ken!!! My riding went "red"....but interesting to see the map from Globe and Mail.

Now.....Sculpin's on that big orange island....you may have just poked the bear! :p
My riding went red as well, which means the slimeball trasolini is out. Good to see that element gone for now. He was the extremely bent mayor of Port Moody for many very profitable years (for him). When he decided to go into provincial politics, he first went to the LIberals and said he would run for them if they garanteed him a cabinet post, which the Liberals told him to stuff it. He immediately went to the Dippers and they welcomed him with open arms. He'd ***** himself out to anyone. Now he's just a ***** with no John's. Nice to see that the "free lunchers" are again in opposition.

Cheers

SS

As for "Site C" would it not be prudent ot look at building natural gas electrical generation plants to supply the power they need up North for these LNG plants, after all they are bringing in the gas.

I know some will argue about the increase in the provincial carbon footprint, from these plants but I am not sure which would be more harmful in the long run.

It just seems to me if we use gas they have to build their own plant it cost the taxpayer nothing and the excess power would automatically go into the power grid. If not natural gas I would much rather see upgrades to existing hydro electric dams even if it costs more[/QUOTE]

I agree and the upside would be an increase in demand for NG or LNG which will create more long term jobs, drive prices up, and then drive up the royalties that the Province collects. Not much point in supporting BC Hydro their track record is embarrasing.

The NDP lost their big lead because they truly only hold about 30% of the popular vote with die hard NDP support. Any increase from that came from people who are pissed with the Libs, but who don't normally vote NDP. As soon as Dix started promising new government programs like daycare and the likes with big number budgets, those people stuck with the Libs on election day. If the NDP had simply promised to be very fiscally responsible in these economic times and only fund new government programs from finding waste within the existing programs they would have been elected.

I find it interesting when looking at the electoral map that pretty much all of coastal bc voted ndp. Coincidence or strong statement about how our coast is being set up to be exploited.

I find it interesting when looking at the electoral map that pretty much all of coastal bc voted ndp. Coincidence or strong statement about how our coast is being set up to be exploited.

No it's welfare bums, lazy hippies, first nations, and retired Albertans that don't need to make a living! There's also lots of tourism businesses that don't want to admit or have yet to think about where their income originates or don't care as long as it's not their back yard knowing full well they can still take money from the Tar Sands and Albertans. I mean if I were gonna be a welfare bum I sure wouldn't live in Dawson or Fort St John.

You still going on about that? Are you saying the energy industry is a net loss for the government? Perhaps you'd prefer no subsidies so you could make up the difference at the pump directly from your wallet? The up side would be to free up more money for prudent government spending such as $90k throw rugs for the Governor General's foyer.

Yup I only posting what the World Bank say's what were doing to the economy. You know subsidizing the oil patch. So for you to keep saying that the province is getting royalties is misleading the public because those royalties are clawed back in the form of handouts and sweet heart deals. Your $90K throw rug argument would have been better if you added "Look Pandas"....

And you sure as hell wouldn't live in Vancouver proper either.... where 7 or 11 ridings went NDP. Not too many welware bums, lazy hippies, etc able to afford million dollar homes in this area. At the end of the day our province voted for short-term economic 'success' at the expense of long-term jobs, industry, envrionment, etc. Like I've said all along, IMO there were 2 very poor realistic options for premier. I was hopeful that after all of the f ups that have occurred in the past 12 years voters would send a message to say it is not acceptable... turns out they feel the alternative was even worse, which is fair enough as I'm not going to stand by and say NDP ran on a great platform. For those in BC who actually do care about creating long-term success for our province it will be a tough road ahead but one that I hope many will be willing to take part in.

No it's welfare bums, lazy hippies, first nations, and retired Albertans that don't need to make a living! There's also lots of tourism businesses that don't want to admit or have yet to think about where their income originates or don't care as long as it's not their back yard knowing full well they can still take money from the Tar Sands and Albertans. I mean if I were gonna be a welfare bum I sure wouldn't live in Dawson or Fort St John.

And you sure as hell wouldn't live in Vancouver proper either.... where 7 or 11 ridings went NDP. Not too many welware bums, lazy hippies, etc able to afford million dollar homes in this area. .

Don't kid youself........the city is LOADED with them....they are called RENTERS (they get to vote too), and the scrubbies who wander around collecting bottles. Why do you think such an affluent area of Vancouver's west side went NDP for Eby? The area is loaded with hippies,lower to middle income folks and students who rent the 1000's of ground floor suites in houses that middle income people have purchased and need a boost for paying their mortgage.

The West side of Vancouver "proper" has the highest price of real estate per square foot in the province....or it did less than 18 months ago. It is arguably among the highest in Canada....come take a stroll with me along the Brodway Corridor in the Point Grey riding and tell me "who" you see.

Yup I only posting what the World Bank say's what were doing to the economy. You know subsidizing the oil patch. So for you to keep saying that the province is getting royalties is misleading the public because those royalties are clawed back in the form of handouts and sweet heart deals. Your $90K throw rug argument would have been better if you added "Look Pandas"....

Ha ha you are a funny man, accusing me of pointing at pandas. The last four direct questions I asked you were ignored or in one case you posted a link that supported me! lol So I ask again is the province at a net loss with royalties? Or could it perhaps be an investment, you know where you put some money into something and get more back? You've harped on and on about this idea of yours that the province pays the oil companies to be here and have yet to support it.

And there aren't students more of less fairly equally distributed by population density throughout all of BC??? I simply wanted to point out that Vancouver (downtown and surrounding areas) went NDP in 7 or 11 ridings when it was said that majority of areas who voted NDP were where welfare bums and hippies hang out. If Vancouver and it's surrounding areas aren't where the majority of high-income, high-education citizens live than I don't know where else in BC is.

Point Grey = students. Lots of them

...high-income, high-education citizens ...
Unfortunately the highest income does not necessarily sit where smart people are. You will find it where the most corrupt and ruthless are. The ones who are willing to sell their soul and the future of our province right with it. And with more oil business you will see even more oil bums with no education making $50/h for unskilled labour. If that is the prosperity that this province seeks then good night. Abunch of wealthy brainless oil bums running wild who blow their wealth for stupid toys, ****** and gambling. Fort Mc all over - that's what's in it for us. But leaving a wasteland for future generations. Nice prospect.

Unfortunately the highest income does not necessarily sit where smart people are. You will find it where the most corrupt and ruthless are. The ones who are willing to sell their soul and the future of our province right with it. And with more oil business you will see even more oil bums with no education making $50/h for unskilled labour. If that is the prosperity that this province seeks then good night. Abunch of wealthy brainless oil bums running wild who blow their wealth for stupid toys, ****** and gambling. Fort Mc all over - that's what's in it for us. But leaving a wasteland for future generations. Nice prospect.

You're right, you should boycott the oil companies. But hey I have a buddy with a silly liberal arts degree and he's looking for work can you show me where the $50/hour jobs that need no skill are? I'd like to forward him the link. I'd hate to see them buying stupid toys like the rest of us too, there's no way they should be able to have trucks, boats, quads etc.... they don't deserve them. Not everyone is a roughneck on the rigs, there isn't a single uneducated person here in operations or maintenance that I work with, also just so you know the rig is only around for 2 weeks of the wells 30 year life.

I had a great drive to work this morning I saw 7 bears including a sow with 3 cubs, 2 moose, 1 caribou, countless grouse, 3 or 4 rabbits and a the little family of horned owls I've been watching since they stole the hawk's nest to lay their eggs last month, quite the wasteland indeed. It seems there's a lot of confusion here between the oil sands and what happens in NE BC. Just a bit more fact here for fun, some of the wells we produce are over 30 years old, they're sweet almost 98% methane they require almost no processing and zero fracking, the company I work for has over 1800 more locations available to drill with an estimated 100 year life. There's over 150 people directly employed and I can't guess how many thousands more indirectly. If this isn't sustainable long term development I don't know what is.

Am I saying it's perfect? No, but the world doesn't run on puppies and rainbows and we need jobs and revenue in this province anyone that can't understand how the resource industries benefit EVERY family in this province is either being dishonest with themselves, or is ignorant to the big picture and to stubborn to admit the truth. I've never seen such rampant hipocrisy brought out by my fellow BC'ers as in this thread.

Absolutely right CS-I bet a 100 bucks I can boycott ******-ahh stupid toys I'm not so sure!! LOL

Hey hey, Ralph Klein is back, except it is not "eastern creeps and bums" but now brainless oil bums eh?

Back