Bamfield Tuna Shootout

we where team swell dancer. i am not a good writer.. i will post some pics.

I know the Rocky team. Owner of the company I work for and a couple others from the company. Looks like they faired respectively for their first tuna outing. Well done to all the teams!

[
Anyone from the Forum on these teams? Congrats to the winners!
I was on Bish n Sons for one of the days. A couple of the fish we caught made it on he board, not the largest one though. We were surrounded by the boats in the Tofino derby , I don't recall any of the Bamfield guys fishing around us. Most of them were about 20+ miles away from us catching as well.

20200912_081847_resized.jpg
well here we go.. Sat was the first day we could get out to chase the long fins this year... The fish were up towards toffino this year so it was about a 65 plus mile run to get up on them this year.
20200912_102927_resized.jpg
Although we had cordinates for the tuna we found some good water about 20 miles short of them so we rolled the dice and seeing if we could find some of them long fins..the forest fire smoke was so much fun :(

weather was still not to our liking for Tuesday ..so it was a a savage day for wood that will be required to build a shed day :)
20200915_145334_resized.jpg
20200915_145028_resized.jpg
20200915_150542_resized.jpg
20200915_162653_resized.jpg

yes a YELLOWTAIL!! himachi ! hit the outside line on the outrigger, screamed out some line but cut across up top and wasnt ripping down like a tuner. slowed the boat cuz i am a ***** and the captain. played it in with the drag lessened off, i thought it was a massive coho from thirty feet down, and up, and sideways. Got it up beside the boat and the hooks where around the jaw, handed the rod to my buds and hand bombed it in.

yes a YELLOWTAIL!! himachi ! hit the outside line on the outrigger, screamed out some line but cut across up top and wasnt ripping down like a tuner. slowed the boat cuz i am a ***** and the captain. played it in with the drag lessened off, i thought it was a massive coho from thirty feet down, and up, and sideways. Got it up beside the boat and the hooks where around the jaw, handed the rod to my buds and hand bombed it in.
That's awesome!!! Congrats.
Best sashimi there...soya sauce, ginger, sesame oil mmmmmm.

Nicely done ... :)

Back