Bamfield/Poett Nook 2013 Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making the first trip of the year to Ukee this Saturday, there for a week, two crews of three in my harbercraft and my buddies hewescraft. Pretty excited!!

Ukee

Hi there, I am new to the forum. I will be making a trip up to Bamfield this weekend and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction or tell me the regs for daily retention for chinook/coho and halibut. We will likely be fishing inside the sound aswell as 5 and 7 mile banks. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thxs

Hi there, I am new to the forum. I will be making a trip up to Bamfield this weekend and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction or tell me the regs for daily retention for chinook/coho and halibut. We will likely be fishing inside the sound aswell as 5 and 7 mile banks. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thxs

Here is a link to the current regulations and limits for Area 23 (Barclay sound and albernie inlet) and Area 123 (offshore). http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/tidal-maree/a-s23-eng.html

On the inside I like to fish Kirby point, the wall, swale and flemming. The fish move so check back closer to your trip for more up to date reports on the hot spots.

i will be up this weekend until tues...on 6... anyone else? FD you gonna be der? come check out the hideout...

I saw you and called you however you never answered so I thought you may have sold the boat. We now have a 23 foot bayliner. Not the fishing room but real comfortable. We found our fish at 60 and eighty feet.Where do you stay now?

I will be fishing out of Bamfield this weekend and from what I have read inshore is good for springs right now, however Part of me wants to fish offshore maybe 5-7 miles out. Is it worth it? If so could someone please tell me where abouts Southbank is? Any info is greatly appreciated, thanks!!!

Fished area for 3 days. Hotspot was Pill point at 55 and 70 foot depth using Irish Cream spoon and Green Spacleback hootchies. Fish between 15 and 24 lbs. 1 coho caugh about 5 lbs.

I saw you and called you however you never answered so I thought you may have sold the boat. We now have a 23 foot bayliner. Not the fishing room but real comfortable. We found our fish at 60 and eighty feet.Where do you stay now?

Nope still got the striper we stay in Kildonen floating cabin How long are you up for ? We are coming this weekend might stop at the river to get sockeye .What's your new boats name ???? We head out to critter cove derby on the 20th so we won't be back there till July.

have heard all sorts of rumors about closures in Barkley for August including not keeping any salmon over 16 pounds. Any truth to this? I know Rainy Bay is usually closed and Alberni Inlet from Chup point is closed in Aug. Anybody know anything for certain? Talked to a gal from DFO in Tofino the other day but she couldn' find any thing other than what's in the currant regs.

have heard all sorts of rumors about closures in Barkley for August including not keeping any salmon over 16 pounds. Any truth to this? I know Rainy Bay is usually closed and Alberni Inlet from Chup point is closed in Aug. Anybody know anything for certain? Talked to a gal from DFO in Tofino the other day but she couldn' find any thing other than what's in the currant regs.

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/maps-cartes/notice-avis/23-ch.pdf

hope it helps...cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back