Bamfield Area

W

waddy

Heading out tomorrow morning and saturday morning.... Where would be my best bets other than way offshore... We only had a little bit of time this morning so we fished Pill and Kirby Pt and got our limit of small chinook... Where would be a good place for larger chinook, or are the big ones just not in yet? HELP PLEASE! and thanks!!

Waddy

no one?!? I was thinking of Swale Rock but am not very sure... will try swale rk tomorrow morning and look for replies later...

My friends just got back yeaterday from 3 days fishing Swale and area and didn't get but one fish or see any numbers coming in. I am heading out Sun. so would be interested if any action should start up. peege

Was up in bamfield on wednesday and thursday.Constant action using bait between 60 and ninety feet.Caught limits on boith days.nothing over 13lbs, lots of shakers.It was good to see so many coho around as well
Lance

the best fishing seemed to be just out front of the harbour.We tried pill, diplock and not even a sniff.Lots of whales around those places though

Lance

well thanks for the help guys... maybe i should go home and fish vancouver for soem big ones!! 53#.... WOW that would be nice.... ANYWAYS...

We started this mornin at Meares, soooo many small chinook... did keep an 11# and 5# chinook and a 4# coho. Then we went over to Diploc but not much luck until our anchovies became too soft... switched to a hoochie and within 20 mins a 26# chinook nothing after that....

PS: should mention i caught an EASY 10# sockeye on an anchovie!!! too bad of the closure it wouldve been sweet...

Any word on how the banks are producing Like 7 mile. I know Big Bank is on fire but it's a bit to far to go in a 17 ft. boat. Just wondering if the rain will bring the fish in.

Steve41:)

2 trips to Bamfield so far this season. Lots of Coho, and small Chinooks. Larger fish are there but down deep. 10 to 30 pounds.Trust your fish finder, they really are down 180-220 feet. Halibut are in close within a half to a mile off of the lighthouse. Save your fuel, its not necessary to make the run to the distant areas. Trust me, after a trip to Cougar Creek this week, I am going to put in 3 to 5 days in Barclay Sound this week.

Anyone interested in Joining me, Message me. Small but efficient 14 foot Double Eagle.

Back