Awesome recipe for any Rock Cod, Lings, etc.

I was skeptical but I gave it a shot and also served up bbq hali and pork tenderloin. The guests liked the micro snapper the best. Only microed for 7 min tho. 10 in my unit would have been too much.
Very tasty

@Sculpin: I am not sure about trying fish in the microwave. I have sort of reluctance when it comes to the micro, so I am very skeptical there too.
Btw - I love your recipe! Tried it out yesterday for my wife's birthday and I have to say that it is absolutely delicious. I cooked it for my wife and she was absolutely surprised that I was able to cook something like this "all by myself," but she loved the romantic atmosphere accompanied with the chocolate and wine gifts I had for her including a necklace. So thanks man for such an incredible dinner! ;)

looking food image is fantastic. i think this recipe is spicy and tasty....

Lee Kum Kee ..CHILI GARLIC SAUCE is real nice for a salmon type soup.I remember bringing 4 litres of my salmon soup on a camping trip on the Skagit river years ago...it was gone in 30 minutes with 4 hungry guys..serve with a fresh Baquette with soft Butter

Hey FISH ASSASSIN ...I think that was back in the old days...remember those canvas bags you would fill with water and mount them on front of the radiator....them were the good ol days!!??...what were those??????

I musta missed this when it was first posted. Now I have to try it I guess. Not sure about the micro either but it's worth a go.

this turned out to be a two day recipe cause first I had to head over to Port Renfrew for the first trip of the year from there. I wanted to have some fresh white fish to try it on. Real nice weather over there and fishing was good for April, not as good as Tofino, but we came away with 3 nice springs and 3 lings too.

So I couldn't find the chili bean sauce, I'll try next time I'm off island, so I used chili garlic sauce. Also I was a bit leary of the microwave so I set it up to bake in the oven too. Real easy recipe for the fish and a side of rice and some stir fried baby bok choy.

I have to say this is a real good dish and the micro fish was as good or better than the oven dish. Can't wait to try it again with the chili bean sauce.

this turned out to be a two day recipe cause first I had to head over to Port Renfrew for the first trip of the year from there. I wanted to have some fresh white fish to try it on. Real nice weather over there and fishing was good for April, not as good as Tofino, but we came away with 3 nice springs and 3 lings too.

So I couldn't find the chili bean sauce, I'll try next time I'm off island, so I used chili garlic sauce. Also I was a bit leary of the microwave so I set it up to bake in the oven too. Real easy recipe for the fish and a side of rice and some stir fried baby bok choy.

I have to say this is a real good dish and the micro fish was as good or better than the oven dish. Can't wait to try it again with the chili bean sauce.

Good review firelight. It is easy and that is why I like it. I have baked it as well and like the microwave version better. It seems weird but weird in a good way lol.

Did this tonight for the first time with a copper rock fish. Couldnt find the black bean sauce at super store even though i found everything but itso i picked up a spicy garlic red chili sauce by the same company ( probably the same stuff firelight got).

Taste was amazing. Great work sir!

Lorne

Tried this recipe out with halibut -- holy hell it's good!!! I couldn't bring myself to nuke the halibut, so I baked it in the oven at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. Couldn't find the Black Bean so I substituted this stuff instead. We also did some veggies on a cookie sheet on the BBQ in Olive Oil. Nice heavy Cabernet Sauvignon to wash down the spices. Man that's good livin!!! This recipe IMHO makes the "Best of SportFishingBC" cookbook.
6a00d83451fa5069e201156fbd7ead970c-800wi

I made this tonight.
I used chilli garlic paste with halibut.

I never did find chili bean paste so if anyone ever sees it around the comox valley let me know. It looks great in sculpins pic with the little beans.

Excellent recipe,
I only tried the oven ...next time I think I will be brave enough to try the micro.

Thanks for posting the recipe up.

Go for the microwave method Islandgirl. Like others have posted, it works:). I use ling and rock fish mostly for this one. I haven't nuked a halibut chunk yet lol.

Chinese hot bean sauce (preferably with garlic; sometimes called soybean paste with chili) or Korean gochujang paste

Used the microwave with a thick piece of salmon and this recipe and it turned out great.

Back