Autopilot for cable steering?

sly_karma

Crew Member
Been doing some thinking about autopilot. Fishing on my own in a breeze is tricky. In a wind, one rod in the water is about all I can manage. Online search pops up Lowrance autopilot for cable steering for cable steering boats to 30 ft. Is anyone on here using this system?

Seems hard to get - back ordered or unavailable on some sites, gpscity.ca lists it as discontinued - not sure if that means by them or by the maker. Would appreciate some feedback, or alternate systems that can steer my kicker and tie to HDS display head.

Been doing some thinking about autopilot. Fishing on my own in a breeze is tricky. In a wind, one rod in the water is about all I can manage. Online search pops up Lowrance autopilot for cable steering for cable steering boats to 30 ft. Is anyone on here using this system?

Seems hard to get - back ordered or unavailable on some sites, gpscity.ca lists it as discontinued - not sure if that means by them or by the maker. Would appreciate some feedback, or alternate systems that can steer my kicker and tie to HDS display head.
do you have a NFB helm on your boat?

I don't believe so. Anyway, the helm is replaced by the one in the kit.

if you do not have a nfb helm, you can mount a hydraulic cylinder for the autopilot without changing the helm, then is you ever want to change to a hydraulic helm just tie into the autopilot hoses

Trying to picture this - full hydraulic setup from autopilot to the kicker? Would like to see a diagram please.

Back