Area WG...Winchelsea...Annex Closure Info....

Seafever

Just got off the phone "hotline" for WG info...

This is what he had to say about the recent "annexed boundary" close to the side of Winchelsea Island.

The only vessels that it is closed to are commercial prawners and shrimpers.

It is open if you are fishing. It also open for navigating.

The "regular" area of WG is closed if they are active.....nothing new there.

However......the recent annexed area is actually a 'through' channel for vessels plying the island waters and is still just that. A sort of "escape" channel so you can continue on your journey if WG happens to be active that time.

I forgot to ask him if this new area is closed to sport prawners and shrimpers.

But if it's closed to commies obviously it will be closed to sporties too.

If regular WG is "active" you would still be able to navigate through the new area....and according to source...you could fish there also.

Just don't drop any prawn or shrimp traps there.

That's the explanation I got.

WG will be active tomorrow but not on the weeekend.

Yes i have a friend that works for DND and was told the same thing,No prawning , Also if "Whiskey Gulf" is active it usually goes inactive at 5pm is my understanding. pretty cool watching tha four engine warbird ripping around so close to the water.:)

Just got off the phone "hotline" for WG info...

This is what he had to say about the recent "annexed boundary" close to the side of Winchelsea Island.

The only vessels that it is closed to are commercial prawners and shrimpers.

It is open if you are fishing. It also open for navigating.

The "regular" area of WG is closed if they are active.....nothing new there.

However......the recent annexed area is actually a 'through' channel for vessels plying the island waters and is still just that. A sort of "escape" channel so you can continue on your journey if WG happens to be active that time.

I forgot to ask him if this new area is closed to sport prawners and shrimpers.

But if it's closed to commies obviously it will be closed to sporties too.

If regular WG is "active" you would still be able to navigate through the new area....and according to source...you could fish there also.

Just don't drop any prawn or shrimp traps there.

That's the explanation I got.

WG will be active tomorrow but not on the weeekend.

I was called specifically regarding my sport prawn traps. While the primary concern would be commercial prawn pullers, the range commander voiced the concern of a log boom hooking on to a sport set a causing damage. Nice that they are now saying they will allow trolling and I assume that would also apply to jigging. That area was very hot earlier this year.

Back