New to salt fishing

Big kingfisher

Hey there guys.
New to fishing in the ocean and just have a few questions.
I'm running out from Squamish and just curios how the fishing is out in Howe Sound right now or do I have to run all the way to Bowen area?
If there is spots in the sound could I get some ideas of where to start, I know you can fish 1 spot all day to just find out the fish are never in that area haha.
Also I'm having mixed information given to me in regards to actually fishing out there right now, I know Coho is open and Springs are not but I have been told we cannot even fish out there due to Springs being closed and we cant even hook into one without getting hand slapped, Can I get some clarification on that please.
Thanks for any info guys I will really appreciate it.
Looking forward to many years of family memories and dialing this fishing in like I have with Hunting.
Thanks

Hey there guys.
I'm running out from Squamish and just curios how the fishing is out in Howe Sound right now or do I have to run all the way to Bowen area?
If there is spots in the sound could I get some ideas of where to start, I know you can fish 1 spot all day to just find out the fish are never in that area haha.
Also I'm having mixed information given to me in regards to actually fishing out there right now, I know Coho is open and Springs are not but I have been told we cannot even fish out there due to Springs being closed and we cant even hook into one without getting hand slapped, Can I get some clarification on that please.
Looking forward to many years of family memories and dialing this fishing in like I have with Hunting.
Thanks
Pacific Angler run an excellent course on how and where to fish for salmon, even with maps where “X” marks the spot. It might just be a history lesson now but they are selfless with their knowledge. Taking that course put me years ahead

Hey there guys.
Thanks
Go fish the reef off of defense Island. Fish there all year. Welcome to the forum.

Hey there guys.
Thanks
I've been hitting the howe sound pretty hard lately. You're allowed to catch and release. You'll want to hang out at Puerto cove and Defense islands. I would say most of the biggest fish this year that I have caught have been fish up the sound. Last two weeks I've been in different locations but three weeks ago it was on fire at Puerto. Fish it and report back.

Back