Aquaculture; improving????

This seems weird. Shouldnt it be simple to tell the cause of death in these fish? If it is a virus, then why did so few of the cages test positive for it? I would assume DFO has access to the lab tests. Are we rushing to assume the die off was ISAv? We need more info. Maybe ISAv was detected in small numbers but isn't the cause... to be honest, I worry it is something even worse.
Still no answer and no government official stepping forward to answer any questions. How is that even posible? We are just left to speculate so I too wonder if its something even worse.

AA, you give me link fatigue. These links are wandering and I think don't solve any questions and often way off topic. Maybe you can high grade them for simple minded people like myself.

I find them interesting. Shows problems with Aquaculture in more places than just BC. Lots of info out there that shows harm, not much that says they are safe.

I find them interesting. Shows problems with Aquaculture in more places than just BC. Lots of info out there that shows harm, not much that says they are safe.
Really? Which link did you like the best? There are 26 of them in just the last two pages.....

I don't think you are simple-minded Stephen. You are an intelligent person. Just believe in yourself...

PS - nobody is forcing you to read all the links...

"Republic of Western Canada", Stephen?

- I think you instead mean Treaties 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11 PLUS unceded Territory of about another 100 FNs - right?
1024px-Numbered-Treaties-Map.svg.png

Canada has voted and they want fish farms out. I will respect that decision.

Will the Liberals?

Another win for Alaska.

https://www.alaskahighwaynews.ca/business/trans-mountain-safe-b-c-salmon-farms-aren-t-1.23984202

Trans Mountain safe, B.C. salmon farms aren't
Did I miss this referendum? Looks to me FF's were not voted out. Doesn't matter, left will be trying to destroy them and TMX and LNG. Bad result for all involved..... now the niche parties matter.

FF have been voted out, time to accept it and move on. Even in Port Hardy they voted for the NDP who all pledged to remove fish farms. The way i look at is even in the north island where FF represent a decent economical portion, if they want them gone then so be it.

Its over, time to move to acceptance on this one.
Wow. Big stretch. So, with 17 conservatives voted in in BC ( a clear mandate), I guess it is time to build northern gateway. If having NDP on island means everyone must follow with a regional vote, then it should be no issue for TMX, northern gateway, and LNG. Also, tanker ban is over. Thank god for clearing that up for us.

Somewhere along the way this thread was about aquaculture. Do not turn it into a conversation about LNG, pipelines or climate change,blah, blah, blah. Been down this road many times and not going to do it again.

Somewhere along the way this thread was about aquaculture. Do not turn it into a conversation about LNG, pipelines or climate change,blah, blah, blah. Been down this road many times and not going to do it again.
Wow. Big stretch. So, with 17 conservatives voted in in BC ( a clear mandate), I guess it is time to build northern gateway. If having NDP on island means everyone must follow with a regional vote, then it should be no issue for TMX, northern gateway, and LNG. Also, tanker ban is over. Thank god for clearing that up for us.

Clearly SK is directly responding to WMY's comment about fish farms using examples that fall under the same context of WMY comment. SK is not derailing at all, he is directly responding to WMY comment about fish farms.

I feel the comment from admin is yet another example of admin controlling content on a seemingly public forum.

SK mentioned he has been warned by multiple members that he will get canned for his position on aquaculture. The above is a prime example of that truth.

SK is intelligent and well written. Prime material for edits from admin of the FF topic IMHO as we have seen consistently over the years.

Bracing for a totalitarian response from admin. ugh.

Clearly SK is directly responding to WMY's comment about fish farms using examples that fall under the same context of WMY comment. SK is not derailing at all, he is directly responding to WMY comment about fish farms.
I feel the comment from admin is yet another example of admin controlling content on a seemingly public forum.
SK mentioned he has been warned by multiple members that he will get canned for his position on aquaculture. The above is a prime example of that truth.
SK is intelligent and well written. Prime material for edits from admin of the FF topic IMHO as we have seen consistently over the years.
Bracing for a totalitarian response from admin. ugh.

Give us a break Birdsnest
I see no mention of Stephen Kolwaski in Admin's post.
You may however be right as Stephen's posts are often off the wall!!
If you and or Stephen don't like reading Fish Farm information posts or Admin trying to keep the threads on subject, just don't read them or participate on this forum!
AND..you stated
"SK mentioned he has been warned by multiple members that he will get canned for his position on aquaculture. "
Warned by WHO!!! Care to elaborate?
You and Dave are 100% in favor of Fish Farms. Have you been warned for voicing your opinion?
I am 100% apposed to Fish Farms and I have never been warned!!!

Last edited:
Try being on the other side of the argument and see what happens
Thats my point.

I appreciate WMY presence here. He is more about the truth and not any side all the while I strongly disagree with him here and there.

Try being on the other side of the argument and see what happens

AH COME ON..Lets be real and cut the ********!!
Did you read my post just before yours, which said in part
"SK mentioned he has been warned by multiple members that he will get canned for his position on aquaculture. "
Warned by WHO!!! Care to elaborate?
You and Dave are 100% in favor of Fish Farms. Have you been warned for voicing your opinion?
I am 100% apposed to Fish Farms and I have never been warned!!!

The only Fish Farm guy I know who was warned was Bones and WELL DESERVED !!!
If Admin feels this or any of my other posts are out of line , he is welcome to warn or suspend me!!

Back