Apex Hot Spot

M

mangus

Any hints on use of the larger apex lures? Have used the 2" size for kokanee and small rainbows but have been hearing reports of 20+ pound bulls being taken on the larger sizes and I would like in on the action.

I have used the large with great success. Recently, 18 lb bull on a large orange apex with a large green uv flasher.

We have used the 4.5 inch black to clear one on Okanagan Lake for years.We would troll it quite fast way behind the boat. No weight. You need the narrow one,there is a 4.5 that is wider and it just pops up to the surface.The narrow one would stay down .I have taken many 10-20lb rainbows right out off of Westbank yaught club using this technique.Only ever fished the big lake from late march till may long weekend.Then it was up top and on the fly.

No place I would rather be (FISH ON)

I agree with the 4 1/2 inch size if looking for large freshwater fish. I use these sizes behind a metal dodger for large lake trout or rainbows. Similar size Ross swimmertails can also work well on large freshwater fish. Sometimes I don't use a dodger, but instead run a dummy inline style flasher (such as a Delta inline)off the downrigger as an attractor.

Back