Anyone Know Anything About This New Outfit/Floating Lodge?

As a matter of fact, I do know something about this. You just fish off the stern though, not from the skiffs I don't think. It's an all inclusive sort of a set up I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks pretty sweet. I'm sure it's not cheap but a week or two aboard that boat with a group of buddies would be the fishing trip of a lifetime.

And i quote.......... "BC Adventure Tours offers custom fishing and adventure charters for the avid fishermen and recreationalists alike. It is common for those on our tours to catch 50 lbs+ salmon on their trips! Our experienced fishermen make it their mission to make your day a fishing success and a story worth retelling""

" common 50 lbs+ salmon "

Better sign me up!! lol

One of Cooper's shows was done on that thing..... Looked fun

Hey Tincan, I Pm'd what little info I have to Dogbreath. If it is the outfit I'm thinking of, then it is a fairly new operation run by a commie who's looking to shift his focus. Friend of mine crewed with him commercially, and on that rig too. Now, I'm not sure if this is the same rig, but how many similar ventures could there bee out of Steveston? It sure is a sweet rig. I looked for a name on the site, but didn't see one to confirm.

The mother ship kicks azz. I would rather fish from one of the skiffs like Dogbreath mentioned. There is no "about" section on the website and that is not a good selling feature IMHO. No names, who runs it?, professional fishing guides? to get you onto those 50 lbers.............

Converted herring/salmon seine boat. Was for sale already converted on the Pacific Boat Broker website for over $2.000,000 for quite a while I seem to recall. I don't know if it was purchased by a new outfit. The posted website is almost identical to this one.

http://www.canadianshore.com/

Stern ramp and Hiab for launching skiffs. Halibut would be easy off the main ship. So would tuna but I doubt they do it. Salmon could be done but would be better from a smaller boat.
This boat would be great for accessing places that few do over a week or two if you can handle cruising at a leisurely 9-11 knots.

SteelheadS2, do you know how many crew there are? and anything you might know about that side of the biz. thanks.

Like I say, not positive it's the same one, but I'm about 80%. Anyway, hired a captain, and I believe two deckhands, one to run the gear and one to mix cocktails and cook.

Our custom overnight excursions start at $3000, and additional costs for crew, food, etc are determined per group.

a little out of my price range

I email them for more info and prices, For 10 guys on board for overnight trips its $5200 per night. This includes captian, 3 crew and a chef. This also included Fuel, food and fishing gear. Its really not that bad I wonder if he would go after tuna????

10 people is the max for over night trips. He has the commercial downrigger setup I wonder how many rods a guy could rig up on that setup??? That rear deck looks like it would be awesome to fish from, or have some beers with you buddies.

One of Cooper's shows was done on that thing..... Looked fun

Yes and it sailed out of Rupert on that episode. They were targeting Halibut on that day and did pretty well despite the fact that Cooper had to tell the 'guides' or deckhands how to fish. They will take a full charter for Tuna. That would be fun.

'Taking the skin boat to tuna town!'

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been moored for the summers for the past couple of years at Shearwater out at the end of the dock. The guys seem to be good guys but don't do much in the way of salmon fishing (at least the half dozens times) that I have been there. One of the deckhands said they also Tuna fish. Very cool back end of the boat and room for lots of DR's off the back.

There are still some openings left for fishing charters this summer, the boat can accommodate as many as 10 people for week long offshore fishing. A trip can be tailored just about anywhere/anyway you want... I think last year there was even a combined tuna/salmon outing. Anyways, just thought I would let people know...another website for the company is http://vancouverseatours.com/index.html. Feel free to pm me with any questions. Cheers.

Back