anybody seen the abu garcia mooching reel? or heard reviews on it?

Hmm me likes

Would be interesting to know mooching reel sales numbers. I bet it has picked up dramatically as us south of the border guys catch on.
Yes I've seen a lot of interest online- Islander with their original bling helped to build interest I'm sure.

Yah it would be nice to know how many guys are switching over from level winds to single action mooching reels, I grew up on fishing single action mooching reels old daiwa 275 and 175s and never never looked back and it's been over 30yrs now lol

I have switched over to mooching reels and I have loved the decision. I rigged a level wind for my nephew when he came out on the boat and it felt really weird for me to use a level wind again.

I just felt like the mooching reels give me a lot more control of the situation.... It's obviously a head game but it's like driving a stick vs an automatic car. You can control the situation just a little bit more with a stick. :)

Abu made a mooching reel years ago and they were crap compared to Shimano and Daiwa, they broke down and had a lousy drag. Hopefully these are better. I'v used Abu 6500C's and 7000C'S for years and always had good luck with them.

I have switched over to mooching reels and I have loved the decision. I rigged a level wind for my nephew when he came out on the boat and it felt really weird for me to use a level wind again.

I just felt like the mooching reels give me a lot more control of the situation.... It's obviously a head game but it's like driving a stick vs an automatic car. You can control the situation just a little bit more with a stick. :)

X2. Took a little longer to convince the wife but she's gettin it.

Abu made a mooching reel years ago and they were crap compared to Shimano and Daiwa, they broke down and had a lousy drag. Hopefully these are better. I'v used Abu 6500C's and 7000C'S for years and always had good luck with them.
Are you sure that wasn't Mitchell?

I have a buddy who has been testing one out....he doesn't like the tiny knobs and says they are also too close together. But personally haven't even seen the reel so take that with a grain of salt. Not sure if he has played any fish with it.

Back