Any tricks to make it easier

AlK

I am in the process of installing new fuel lines and as you know it can be a bit of a "bear" to get the new line onto the barb. I usually apply some lubricant on the bard which makes it a little easier. However, in a confined area where there is limited room for your hands it can be really tough. Other than getting some gorilla to do the job, are than any tricks to make the job a little easier?

Gorilla and vaseline are the only tricks I know - and I'm doing the same thing on my boat right now. Have the bloody knuckles to prove it!

Soap in a fuel line ahhh no not good...you dont want any containaments in fuel....... grease is good or gently get a hammer and beat the fuel line remember i said gently to soften it a bit make sure you leave enough room for a bit of extra as wel ...

Good luck Wolf

I have found in my line of work that good old fashioned "spit" seems to be as good as anything.....a little gross I know but it works and its free. lol No worries about contaminating anything either. I'm sure most of us have used a little at one point for some lube in the past? lol :eek:

Soap in a fuel line ahhh no not good...you dont want any containaments in fuel....... grease is good or gently get a hammer and beat the fuel line remember i said gently to soften it a bit make sure you leave enough room for a bit of extra as wel ...

Good luck Wolf

Yeah good point! I had a few wobblies after fishing last night and wasn't thinking straight :eek:. I have used the soap on washdown and bilge hoses before. Good tip on the hammer thing for the fuel lines. I will try that next time :).

Yes, hot water and spit works. Went on the internet last night and that was what is recommended. Boiled some hot water and stick the end of the hose in for about 15 seconds and on she goes in one good push. This saved me a bunch of time and frustration.

Back