Any New Ucluelet & Barkley Sound Reports?

Hi All,

Any recent reports with in the last day or so?

Fished outa Ukee yesterday, Sunday. First light we ran up towards Wya in the fog. Was pretty thick. Dragged gear for a couple hrs along the shore. Pulled a few jacks and a couple coho - one of which weighed almost 15 lbs.

Ran out to Inside Light. Basically same there except whenever I dragged gear on the bottom I'd pick up chicken halis to 10 lbs within a minute or 2.

An hour or so later the fog burned off, sun was awesome. I pulled the gear and ran out to Big Bank. Big fleet out there. Pretty much everyone. Dropped the gear down. One on the bottom, one suspended about 150'. Kept kicking off halis until we got our 3 – 25lb to 30lb and tossed back 1/2 dozen small springs on the 150' line.
Even picked up a chicken hali on the suspended line.

Brought the bottom line up to various depths with basically the same results as the 150' line. Released 4 more coho and kept an 18 lb spring.

On the way in I couldn't help but give the Red Can a rub. Didn't fish long, basically long enough to organize the deck and half-assed clean the boat up. Released 2 jacks both at 110'.

Was a beauty day out there, water was great – ran out to Big Bank at 30+ mph, wind picked up a bit in the late afternoon tho.

Brought home some fresh barbeque meat, always looking forward to the next trip. Love that place...
Happy Canada Day all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back