Another reminder that Orcas are wild animals--

Cuba Libre

Not cute little animals that love to show off for us...

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/100224/world/20100224_us_seaworld_death

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Those animals must be insane after so long in captivity it's not surprising they would strike back @ someone somewhere.

billreidsalmon.jpg

Orca should NEVER be held in captivity. It's time to end this madness. The problem is what to do with these existing captive whales. Is it even possible to release them? Probably not. What a shame.

I would get pissed to. They must wonder what they did I do to deserve life in prison.

LOL They must wonder what they did to deserve life in prison. Thats better to many Stella watching Canada beat Russia. :D

Hmmm! They are called KILLER Whales for a reason, certainly not because they mean no harm.
Just a Tandy moment!:D:D

IMG_1445.jpg

the whale Tillicum , is a Transient Killer whale , he does not eat fish! He is genetically programmed to hunt and eat mammals. It truly speaks to the greed and stupidity of SeaWorld that they have bred this bull. All his offspring have attacked humans , go figure.

There has never been a recorded attack agaist a human being in the wild by either a resident(fish eater) or transient (meat eater)killer whale. I have had many close encounters with these animals and they are truly more intelligent than most humans , they do not belong in captivity.

beemer

I wasn't aware that that whale is a transient. That explains a lot about his behaviour. It must be maddening for him to see all that fresh food walk around so close. Should not be in captivity!

That whale and I believe one or two others were caught at the same time off Iceland. Definitely transients would never trust those whales if I was in the water with them. Tillicum started his captivity at Sealand and did kill a female trainer who slipped into the pool.

The good news is that we have had more recorded transient killer whale sightings in the Juan de Fuca than any other year since 1975!

It's interesting to contrast Pinniped behaviour on the Inside where there are so many of the bastids and so few Transients, with anywhere Outside where Transients regularly hunt.

I've seen some very nervous Seals and even Sea Lions on the Central/North Coast and the outside of QCI.

I mean they hid from an aluminum skiff when it got close to shore, which is of course all to the good. [8D]

billreidsalmon.jpg

Back