Another nail in the Ocean's Coffin

I beg to disagree, Dolphins are just red meat to many people and what's wrong with taking your food from the Ocean?

Is there a shortage of Cetacea somewhere?

If Dolphins were so smart they wouldn't go to the same places year after year/decade after decade/century after century to be killed would they?

As to blood in the water we've all bled Salmon and Halibut it's just nutrient being dispersed.

billreidsalmon.jpg

In this particular case I'd have to side against the hunt. It's done purely on the basis of tradition, done to over-excess whereby animals are left to rot and not conducted in a humane fashion. Also, these particular Dolphins are (according to the article at least) endangered and the pilot whales that are also harvested "strictly protected". I do not generally take issue, however, with killing dolphins, whales, seals...whatever for food/clothing where it is truly sustainable and humane. Who's to say a cow has less right to life than a whale? Plus I'd like to try Dolphin or seal sometime!

I love the Rex Murphy clip. Couldn't agree more with that one!

The worst day fishing is better than the best day working...

Go to snopes. This is not the masacre that it is portrayed to be. This is a staple for the independant island. Not a part of Denmark at all.

The species is also not the endangered one they refer to.

As concentrations of pollutants in are highest in the top of the food chain..and whales & dolphin are long living and at the top why would you want to eat it? It would be easier to just gather up some 30 year old light ballasts and eat the tar inside...results are going to be about the same.

Back