Another Boat Cruising The Rocks Jigging Off Bowen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rain City

Crew Member
Before everyone starts saying they were fishing for flounder or maybe not doing anything wrong, they very clearly jumped back in and took off, full steam, as soon as I stopped in to snap a pic. They were all non-Asian if we were going to go there as well. Just thought I'd post the pic incase anyone else notices that kind of activity from the same boat. I reported it to DFO. Which actually was super annoying because the guy on the line didn't understand the words "jigging" or "rockfish". I had to explain what they were so he could write his report. :rolleyes:
IMG-20220415-WA0004.jpg

Last edited:
Before everyone starts saying they were fishing for flounder or maybe not doing anything wrong, they very clearly jumped back in and took off, full steam, as soon as I stopped in to snap a pic. They were all non-Asian if we were going to go there as well. Just thought I'd post the pic incase anyone else notices that kind of activity from the same boat. I reported it to DFO. Which actually was super annoying because the guy on the line didn't understand the words "jigging" or "rockfish". I had to explain what they were so he could write his report. :rolleyes:
View attachment 78174
As odd as it would be to catch and release Rock fish... Is it illegal? Or is that area closed?

View attachment 78174

There is a DFO file on that boat I believe. Please report it. This isn't first time. It was spotted numerous times in lady smith and Nanaimo doing same thing last summer.

Good on you for reporting this activity. The more reports on this same vessel, the greater pressure on C&P to assign this to Officers to follow up. A close up pic showing the VRN would also be helpful for them. No room on the water for this kind of trash.

Pretty serious looking rig... don't know why I'm surprised someone with obviously enough cash to own that would be doing shady crap like that. Seems like allot to loose if they actually went after them.

Pretty serious looking rig... don't know why I'm surprised someone with obviously enough cash to own that would be doing shady crap like that. Seems like allot to loose if they actually went after them.
I hear yah, seems like all the big cruisers are up to no good . Always has me nervous seeing them cruising around where you set traps. If your too lazy to set your own traps you would think they could afford to go by the seafood and gear from the stores

I hear yah, seems like all the big cruisers are up to no good . Always has me nervous seeing them cruising around where you set traps. If your too lazy to set your own traps you would think they could afford to go by the seafood and gear from the stores
It's because they're selling charters to help pay for it. It's in their business model.

It's because they're selling charters to help pay for it. It's in their business model.
And the Gov. is so worried about checking for a barb that didn't pinch all the way down. Sad world we live in, illegal guiding I believe is a pretty serious charge as well. I'm just gonna shake my head and watch others comments.

View attachment 78174
I don’t see any license numbers or Registration numbers? Isn’t that illegal?

View attachment 78174

I checked into on Facebook where it was posted a while back and the one we are having problem with was Lunasea. Very close to that boat but not same one. This one is on radar.

It may well be that these are charter boats fishing from same group fishing illegally. Richmond was where some of them were coming from.

If people see big boats like in RCA's are stealing traps in Vancouver area and Nanaimo inside waters call them in. It is a problem. Officers have to get evidence on them so pictures and calling in the more the better.

This picture below was posted on open public forum on Facebook on Vancouver Island Salmon Fishing page and was called in. Several people called in Ladysmith and Nanaimo. Fishing in an RCA and also hauling and emptying others traps.

lunasea.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like a Cranchi 48 EW. The Cabin window has a cover on it however there are a lot of similar markings in the boat.

1650254668296.png

Here is another Cranchi

1650255134086.png

If that boat is a Cranchi it would be easier to find her

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back