aluminum cabin ideas?

Looking for pictures or ideas of nice looking custom aluminum pilot house that would sit on a 24' Grady white type hull.
I have seen a few decent and a few gross jobs! not looking for fully enclosed "alaskan bulkhead" just 3 sides and open at the back.
Thanks

Looking for pictures or ideas of nice looking custom aluminum pilot house that would sit on a 24' Grady white type hull.
I have seen a few decent and a few gross jobs! not looking for fully enclosed "alaskan bulkhead" just 3 sides and open at the back.
Thanks
Checkout the West Coast Fish gradys on their website. Those aluminum jobs have stood up to 20 years on the west side. They are open backed and look decent.

Check out dsswelding.ca we did a grady a few years ago.
Both boats in the pictures look great!

Just curious, on the Grady did you end up putting windows in? Or just canvas?
Also, did you have to add any insulation to help with condensation...….. or was condensation not an issue.

Thanks

What's his name in Ukee has one on a 23 Gulfstream. Charter guy. Can't remember his name. They did a nice job on an aluminum hardtop

That one always caught my eye at the marina in ukee. Nicely engineered. Nice tall windows. Something that grady has never figured out. Problem solved

Last edited:
That one always caught my eye at the marina in ukee. Nicely engineered. Nice tall windows. Something that grady has never figured out. Problem solved
The vinyl on any boat is just a failing plan IMO it doesn’t stand up to our weather at one point it’s going to leak or stain and be a pain in your butt until it is replaced

The vinyl on any boat is just a failing plan IMO it doesn’t stand up to our weather at one point it’s going to leak or stain and be a pain in your butt until it is replaced

Absolutely. Another thing is who puts ski boat windshields on a fish boat? With a window frame right in your line of sight?Lol

That's what Im after on the WCF boat!
I think its that curved brow and radar arch that breaks it up from the "box" look.
I recently saw a old pursuit for sale in CR with a forward rake alum cabin, just does not look good. But that DE job from Dss welding looks great! All depends on the lines of the hull I guess.

One suggestion, if the height works have the window tops high enough that you can look out clearly without having to bend down.

We put a Lewmar screened hatch in the roof for improved ventilation on sunny days.

Back